Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I'd never hears of this but found a link to Megaplex Manager, which describes itself as "a mix between Box Office prediction and cinema tycoon". Not sure how updated it is, though the copyright date on the page is current.

Hm! I don't think that is quite it but I'm surprised at how robust it is and will give it a try, thank you!

• Like 1

My brother wants to see a movie on Thanksgiving Day... I wonder what it should be

I'm leaning toward Wish or Killers of the Flower Moon. The runtime of Killers of the Flower moon is three and a half hours though and I don't know if it will be in theaters still...

Sucks, but tbh, he looked like complete shit during the reunion tour and his book tour last year wasn't much better. He did some major damage to his body though substance abuse. Seems like he may have had a serious medical episode while alone in a Jacuzzi. Tragic.

• Like 1

Anyone sort of find the internet has changed the past year or two.

We went from a wild wild west phase till the mid 2010s then a lot of moderation then the internet got a bit over moderated in 2020 or so.

Now i go on IG, Twitter and Reddit and its like wild.

Ig comments are full of openly racist content and seems never gets taken down.  While before saying something about covid got you banned lol 

Edited by Torontofan

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Crypto Currecny Mogul Sam Bankman Fired found guilty on all charges in his fraud trial.

Man I bet Ben Affleck regrers that Crypto Commercial he died.

It was Matt Damon in the crypto ads, Ben Affleck did commercials for sports betting (another sketchy, overly advertised industry due for a major reckoning).

8 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

It was Matt Damon in the crypto ads, Ben Affleck did commercials for sports betting (another sketchy, overly advertised industry due for a major reckoning).

If sports bet dont affect the actual games, what is the issue with sports betting.

It takes place illegally all over the place, now its in the open and govt can tax and get money now. 

16 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

If sports bet dont affect the actual games, what is the issue with sports betting.

It takes place illegally all over the place, now its in the open and govt can tax and get money now. 

Meh, it obviously affects the game, there has been many scandals in soccer lately about it, but I suppose that could have been a problem when it was illegal as well. It's just, it's so much easier to do it when it is legal though.

But the worst part? It's freaking everywhere, over here you can't turn on a soccer game without getting bombarded with ads telling you to  bet everywhere and it has actually hijacked some of the sports programs where they literally stop to talk to you about the odds, I find that so incredibly sketchy.

Honestly? I'm fine with betting being legal, the tax money is nice as you said, but I wish it would have the same ad restrictions as smoking. The constant ads is normalizing betting so fast here, it's crazy.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3