Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The mess continues

3 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

especially the last act, which is an absolute snooze.

Im at an hour and eighteen minutes in and I’m turning it off.

I just don’t care about anything on the screen. It’s not bad, it’s well made, there’s just not a single aspect that I’d call “great”, or even memorable.

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Im at an hour and eighteen minutes in and I’m turning it off.

I just don’t care about anything on the screen. It’s not bad, it’s well made, there’s just not a single aspect that I’d call “great”, or even memorable.

Second time I watched it was with a full cinema that was roaring with laughter, which I think always helps, and it makes the non-funny bits stand out i.e. the action sequences.

The movie really is carried by its actors, they are the source of all interest, talent and humour.

I personally liked the setup of the film, liked a few touches like the NPCs but mostly its down to Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and Jack Black. And yes I'm excluding Karen Gillen because apart from that one very good scene of physical comedy, almost nothing she does in the rest of the film is funny.

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

I genuinely don't understand how this wasn't the consensus right away. I came out of it thinking it was the most basic blockbuster I've ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I genuinely don't understand how this wasn't the consensus right away. I came out of it thinking it was the most basic blockbuster I've ever seen. 

same. it's pretty bland. the actors throw themselves all in on the premise in a fun way to start but even that gets boring pretty quickly. i can understand why children like @WrathOfHan would love it but everyone going gaga is a little baffling.

• Like 4

Was a Hitchcock night tonight. The Lady Vanishes pretty slight and even 96 minutes is stretching it, but it's generally fun and elevated by two great leads (Margaret Lockwood :wub:); I got a real kick out of Strangers on a Train though, which is awesomely dark (especially in the first third or so; Patricia Highsmith's cynical spirit really comes through in this) and a joy to watch not knowing anything beyond the bare-bones premise. Robert Walker does a complete 180 here from The Clock, the only other movie I've seen him in; he had the talent of a world-class actor. Such a tragic fate.

• Like 4

officially in a state of emergency due to possibly incoming snow.  My guess is probably no more than 1 to 3 inches in snow but guess they have to be safe.

and even though I am unemployed, I feel good since my last job I would have had to drive through whatever snow and do 12 hour shifts

Edited by 75Live

32 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Uber invented the ambulance?

Very recently I read a story about how their drivers were having huge moral and legal dilemmas with people with serious medical problems calling them instead of ambulances because they were much cheaper. Looks like they're directly addressing that issue.

EDIT: Yep, here it is

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolineodonovan/taking-uber-lyft-emergency-room-legal-liabilities

Edited by tribefan695

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

In honor of the Best Picture winner, I have changed my avatar to our real Lord and Savior with the performance of his career (which Jack Black in Jumanji was basically a PG version of).

Is it a picture of your reaction whenever you see Timothḝⱸ Chalamet