Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, I disagree that it's a bad month. There's a bunch of low-key stuff that looks to be worth seeing like Thoroughbreds or Love, Simon or Unsane or Isle of Dogs. Unfortunately, they're not the kinds of movies that a large portion of BOT generally pays attention to for the most part, so we end up with things like Tomb Raider reboots or Pacific Rim sequels that no one was really asking for dominating the discussion.

This is only true if these movies are releasing near people. Or releasing at all, in my case. Isle of Dogs isn't out till May here. 

Which leaves me with the other dreadful looking March movies. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, aabattery said:

This is only true if these movies are releasing near people. Or releasing at all, in my case. Isle of Dogs isn't out till May here. 

Which leaves me with the other dreadful looking March movies. 

giphy.gif

Image result for phantom thread gif

Complain to your local distributors. 

45 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

I actually agree that popular good movies lighten up the atmosphere here, given that it's a movie forum. This month is so sparse for films, everything that is coming out is going to bomb, so we fight over other stuff.

It's a great month for movies...we've got lots and LOTS of premier material mixed in with some low cost remakes and sequels...there are lots of options for all sorts of movie goers...comedy, animated, book adaptations, rom-com, action, horror, sci-fi, religious, fantasy, etc...

If I had Movie Pass (and no family commitments), I could live at theaters all weekend - there are at least 3 releases every weekend.  It's perfect, just maybe not perfect to watch HUGE runs...but we could have lots of little profitable runs for a lot of movies with spring break holidays helping to give everything a bump...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Just praying Death of Stalin is coming to a theater in my area at some point.

I'm not very excited for much at all until September. I'm sad about it. A couple thongs here and there

Aren't you...

forgetting something...

zafpu2M.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Just praying Death of Stalin is coming to a theater in my area at some point.

I'm not very excited for much at all until September. I'm sad about it. A couple thongs here and there

My, aren't you a kinky fellow?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

There has to be a word or phrase at this point for things or ideas that only become notable because so many people are outraged at their existence.

The Internet?

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's a great month for movies...we've got lots and LOTS of premier material mixed in with some low cost remakes and sequels...there are lots of options for all sorts of movie goers...comedy, animated, book adaptations, rom-com, action, horror, sci-fi, religious, fantasy, etc...

If I had Movie Pass (and no family commitments), I could live at theaters all weekend - there are at least 3 releases every weekend.  It's perfect, just maybe not perfect to watch HUGE runs...but we could have lots of little profitable runs for a lot of movies with spring break holidays helping to give everything a bump...

Not sure what films you're referring to... the only film I'm interested in this month is the new lynne ramsay movie. The expensive studio stuff all looks shit. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Yeah, looking through the release schedule and BOM and this month is proper garbage. There are a few limited releases that look cool but other than that, it's fucking rough.

Out of curiosity, do you have any interest in Love, Simon?

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yeah, looking through the release schedule and BOM and this month is proper garbage. There are a few limited releases that look cool but other than that, it's fucking rough.

I've dubbed it MEHrch

• Like 1

Saw on BOM that Death of Stalin is having its limited launch in the U.S. this weekend. Was it even at all promoted? I feel like IFC is dumping it, which makes no sense. Still don't get why they didn't put it out in the fall, if nothing else so they'd get an easy adapted screenplay nomination. 

At least April looks good even outside of Avengers now being there. I'll see A Quiet Place, Tully, I Feel Pretty, Rampage, maybe Blockers if I hear it's funny (the trailers haven't really been so, though that butt-chugging bit at the end always gets big laughs when I've seen it at the movies).

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Saw on BOM that Death of Stalin is having its limited launch in the U.S. this weekend. Was it even at all promoted? I feel like IFC is dumping it, which makes no sense. Still don't get why they didn't put it out in the fall, if nothing else so they'd get an easy adapted screenplay nomination. 

IFC pretty much dumps everything. More than half their releases are VOD dumps. That Boyhood afterglow didn't last long.

Edited by filmlover