Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

Not sure I understand the whole siracha thing.  It’s knd of like when pomegranate was big a few years back

Some of it's good (and tolerable), like the kind you buy in the store with the rooster on it. Some of it is a tad too spicy (Kikoman's version), some is super weak (the tiny packets at Starbucks), and some like this Subway one were just way too fucking hot.

8 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

Er, no. :lol: I mean, sure, they like that, but on a list of things a director should be doing, that’s not really their responsibility. 

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Does it make it a great speech?  If so, tweak to "directors oversee all of the people who blankety, blank, blank, blank"...

I mean, I got an A+ on a Lit paper movie critique where I accidentally misidentified a major statue in Philly (b/c I was sleep-deprived and not thinking) and not only was it not noticed, but the paper was taken as is to be used as an example for all future Lit classes (so I couldn't fix it)...I've always sat back and wondered how long it took for something so obvious to get caught by anybody (since it's not like I could ask for it back and fix it...well, I could have, but I just deemed it too embarrassing for me, and then my prof, who also didn't notice it:)...

Yeah, even if this one area is a little thin, I don't think it matters much. It's a persuasive speech, and the point I'm trying to get across is that directors are the most important people on set. My points about influencing actors and translating screenplays are much more important.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just watched murder on the orient express the other day and it's maybe the worst film of 2017?

Watched it via Redbox yesterday. Was kind of impressed by Josh Gad's scenes, he played pretty much against type and did well in his limited screentime. Branagh was also good, but everyone else was varying degrees of mediocre to awful. Maybe knowing the twist ending affects the viewing of the movie because my wife didn't know and she was trying to guess who was the killer throughout. The movie doesn't do well with enough red herrings thrown into the plot for sure.