Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Sooooo....... has anyone ever seen the documentary Grizzly Man, from Werner Herzog? I saw it today. Probably the best documentary I've ever seen.

I saw it like 7 hours ago, and honestly, I'm still shaken. It's hard to believe that it was all a real story. I thought that the Christine Chubbuck thing I learned about a day prior was bizarre and fascinating; this left me even more flabbergasted. How can a man be so delusional, so inside his own little fantasy and so unaware of how on the edge of danger he always was, and yet could also be so lucky, so mesmerizing and so larger-than-life engaging to see, creating some miraculously intimate and gorgeous looking stuff with a small AV camera in the middle of the wilderness?

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Sooooo....... has anyone ever seen the documentary Grizzly Man, from Werner Herzog? I saw it today. Probably the best documentary I've ever seen.

I saw it like 7 hours ago, and honestly, I'm still shaken. It's hard to believe that it was all a real story. I thought that the Christine Chubbuck thing I learned about a day prior was bizarre and fascinating; this left me even more flabbergasted.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

But I want his take on the donkey dick scene! 

You should also (or instead) ask him to do commentary on Adam Sandler's The Ridiculous 6 instead. There is, if I so correctly remember what I've read, a scene of a donkey blowing Taylor most fucking obnoxious teen girl hornifier in the world Lautner.

Spoiler

Not sure if worse or better than that elephant sex scene from The Brothers Grimsby or whatever it was called.

Holy fucking shit, this tweet chain.

(spoilered for lots of pics)

Spoiler

Like, seriously.  Holy fucking shit, that's evil.  Any of the board regulars who are lawyers might want to check this one out, just to shake their heads at it.

Matt Pearce's Twitter TL is pretty full of discussion about this, as one might imagine.

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

been seriously thinking about getting a tattoo.  not much holding me back other than what I really want.  Not sure how much it would "hurt" but doubt it will be too bad anyway

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Like, seriously.  Holy fucking shit, that's evil.  Any of the board regulars who are lawyers might want to check this one out, just to shake their heads at it.

Matt Pearce's Twitter TL is pretty full of discussion about this, as one might imagine.

That's some extremely reckless thinking on the designers' part especially since water slides are far more unpredictable than any other amusement ride.

• Like 1

Today marks exactly 15 years since I first started keeping every ticket stub from every single movie I attended. That's well over 900 (maybe even over 950 - I'm at 980-something lifetime trips at the moment) from almost all of middle school and all of high school, undergrad, grad school, and my post-grad school professional life thus far.

The movie that started it all? Daredevil. :whosad:(*wishes the Sad Ben emoji was still here just this once*)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Today marks exactly 15 years since I first started keeping every ticket stub from every single movie I attended. That's well over 900 (maybe even over 950 - I'm at 980-something lifetime trips at the moment) from almost all of middle school and all of high school, undergrad, grad school, and my post-grad school professional life thus far.

The movie that started it all? Daredevil. :whosad:(*wishes the Sad Ben emoji was still here just this once*)

So, what are you doing with them?  Keeping them in a shoebox?

If it were me, I'd probably take a the 00s tickets and make an art piece out of them to hang on my wall - either a collage, a digital poster (if you scan them in), or just total art (like s sculpture), so you can have something cool to show off your interest in movies...or an old school photo-album or scrapbook so you can see all the coolness...

Oh hell yes, one of my favorite westerns is getting a Blu-ray release after a 4K restoration recently. Would highly recommend. Great flim and also has a fantastic soundtrack (by the wonderful Ennio Morricone).

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

53 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, what are you doing with them?  Keeping them in a shoebox?

If it were me, I'd probably take a the 00s tickets and make an art piece out of them to hang on my wall - either a collage, a digital poster (if you scan them in), or just total art (like s sculpture), so you can have something cool to show off your interest in movies...or an old school photo-album or scrapbook so you can see all the coolness...

I have most of them in trading card sleeves in a couple of binders, but I ran out of room around early 2016, so the rest are just in a couple of piles right now. Most of the stubs in said piles made the cross-country trip from a drawer in Rhode Island all the way to my home in the Northwest.

It kinda blew my mind to realize that the earliest tickets in that collection are older than some of the younger freshmen I teach. :lol: I also mentioned the cinema where I picked up the first stub - which closed in '05, was demolished a year-and-a-half later, and is now the site of a Panera - and none of my students had any idea it ever existed. It made me feel way, way older than I should in my late-20s.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

Meet the Parents is pretty funny. The first sequel isn't nearly as bad as its reputation nowadays suggests (an overreaction against its unexpectedly huge box office, I guess?), but Little Fockers is all kinds of awful. I saw it for free at my university and remember no one laughing.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Hide contents

That's astonishingly awful and I can't imagine the company will be in existence for long. They should liquidate it to pay for all the lawsuits, and good riddance. How vile can you get?

• Like 1