Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Why am I mentioned? Just because I'm a big fan of the video game and am watching some of the Opening Day games and am hyped for Shohei Ohtani and I am rooting for Dodgers to go all the way this year doesn't mean baseball isn't the  most boring sport of the big four sports leagues.

Now I know what your thinking. I'm just in denial about liking the sport now. To which I reply pfft. If baseball was so great, why can't I get a freaking run on a multiplayer MLB The Show 18 game?

• Like 2

https://www.baeblemusic.com/musicblog/3-27-2018/itunes-announces-all-music-downloads-will-be-shut-down-and-its-not-a-black-mirror-episode.html

As of today, an Apple executive has officially announced that all iTunes MP3 music downloads will be terminated by early 2019, about a year from today.

The music industry has fallen... Will movies survive?

I've come to a realization over the last 24 hours.

A couple of years ago, Rob Manfred looked at the state of the sport of baseball and said to himself: How can I replicate the Steroid Era without the steroids?

Step One: Juice up the ball.

Step Two: Slip research about launch angles to team hitting instructors. 

Step Three: Reduce mound visits so pitchers and catchers aren't on the same page.

Not enough?

Step Four: Introduce Pitch Clock (currently in minors)

Not enough?

Step Five: Have player start on second base for extra innings (ditto).

SHOW ME ON THE DOLL WHERE THE PITCHER TOUCHED YOU, ROB!!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

so when in the new season are we getting the episode where Roseanne is sending death threats to the parkland kids or whatever. saving it for the finale?

It's too late for that; you'll have to wait for season 2.

29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I've come to a realization over the last 24 hours.

A couple of years ago, Rob Manfred looked at the state of the sport of baseball and said to himself: How can I replicate the Steroid Era without the steroids?

Step One: Juice up the ball.

Step Two: Slip research about launch angles to team hitting instructors. 

Step Three: Reduce mound visits so pitchers and catchers aren't on the same page.

Not enough?

Step Four: Introduce Pitch Clock (currently in minors)

Not enough?

Step Five: Have player start on second base for extra innings (ditto).

SHOW ME ON THE DOLL WHERE THE PITCHER TOUCHED YOU, ROB!!!!! 

Pitch clocks are a good idea, though.

Update.  We just got out of Ready Player One.

Grandma: "You are never picking the movie again!!"

Me: "I did NOT pick this movie!"

Aunt: "You were going last night."

Me: "Cause it was the cheap night at the theater!"

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

https://www.baeblemusic.com/musicblog/3-27-2018/itunes-announces-all-music-downloads-will-be-shut-down-and-its-not-a-black-mirror-episode.html

As of today, an Apple executive has officially announced that all iTunes MP3 music downloads will be terminated by early 2019, about a year from today.

The music industry has fallen... Will movies survive?

The Voice is going to have to improvise. They've been using iTunes downloads as a voting device for a long time and they may have to change some voting methods around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Pitch clocks are a good idea, though.

Kinda ambivalent.  More interested in stopping batters from wandering out of the box and taking a smoke break, myself. 

Just kinda amused that Manfred seems to be doing everything he can to screw over pitchers though. :lol:

(pointedly ignores the possibility of a league-wide humidor as it doesn't fit the narrative I'm constructing :ph34r:)

====

Relatedly, did you ever see that piece by Grant Brisbee about the culprit when it came to length of games from last year?

It's a very enlightening read:  https://www.sbnation.com/a/mlb-2017-season-preview/game-length

Might actually win a SABR award, in fact. I've seen it get referenced on national broadcasts, and I would be surprised if it wasn't passed around the league office.

So, yes.  Fine, whatever on pitch clocks.  Just do something about batters and their incessant time outs while your at it. ;)