Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Finished first season of Broadchurch and it was fannnnnnnnnn-tastic. Realized at the end how much I cared in some way about each and every character (except the psychic dude) - a real revelation because that never happens. Also not to go into casual/Han/TOG exaggeration mode but Olivia Colman's acting over the course of the season is one of the best I've seen in....a minute. A long time, for sure. Just startlingly good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Following up my star turn as the annoying guy who posts about You Were Never Really Here in the Avengers thread with a bunch of posts about how great First Reformed is during Deadpool weekend

FR one of my most anticipated of the year for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm so embarrassed i used to have a rick and morty avatar. tbf that was during season 1 and i think all the fans back then were just community fans who wanted to see what dan harmon did next.

I'm a big fan still but that sauce incident shocked the shit outta me. I appreciated how the internet didn't even celebrate that shit, it was like Twitter felt embarrassed for people.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm so embarrassed i used to have a rick and morty avatar. tbf that was during season 1 and i think all the fans back then were just community fans who wanted to see what dan harmon did next.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Edited by cannastop
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AJG said:

BROOKLYN NINE NINE GOT CANELLED AND FREAKING THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!! FUCK. FUCKITY FUCK.

honestly i love the show and i'm fine with it. i'm fine with any show that got to over 100 eps ending honestly. i always say 5 seasons is usually the sweet spot.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly i love the show and i'm fine with it. i'm fine with any show that got to over 100 eps ending honestly. i always say 5 seasons is usually the sweet spot.

It had a good run. This season doesn't seem like too bad of an ending spot, all things considered.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

NO. I demand justice for Brooklyn 99. What pisses me off is that this the first time a TV show I LOVED has been cancelled. I am shocked, appalled, and I will never forgive Rupert Murdoch. 

Edited by AJG

i saw a clip from a recent episode of big bang theory and it was just kinda sad jim parsons starting to age he's like a fucking 50 year old man in a Flash t shirt cracking shitty gags about minecraft or whatever the fuck (they're always so behind on the nerd references don't expect any Fortnite jokes until season 17)

• Sad 1