Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Pandamia! said:

Don’t mention that Mamma Mia wannabe to me ever again

there's a reason why the UK is where both movies were absolute phenomenons more than anywhere else. we love kitschy old lady movies so fucking much. 

• Haha 1

I'm still laughing over how Mamma Mia 2 killed off Meryl and has essentially reduced her to a cameo. Yeah, the ABBA soundtrack is obviously the star of these movies but she's the reason anyone else saw the first one. Did the producers think she wouldn't be interested at all in doing in sequel?

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I didn't know this was still a thing:

‘Transformers’ Sequel Cut From Paramount’s 2019 Release Slate

https://www.thewrap.com/transformers-sequel-cut-paramounts-2019-release-slate/

Didn't they already announce that Bumblebee is gonna be the last of the movies set in the Bay universe and a reboot would be next?

Uh, yikes. It's one thing to maybe make a problematic statement about sexual harassment or slip up, but Jason Bateman spends this interview leaping in front of buses to defend Jeffrey Tambor. How not to handle this situation 101 right here

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Uh, yikes. It's one thing to maybe make a problematic statement about sexual harassment or slip up, but Jason Bateman spends this interview leaping in front of buses to defend Jeffrey Tambor. How not to handle this situation 101 right here

Not just Bateman, pretty much the entire male cast. They really did not read the room despite Alia and the interviewer trying their best to guide the conversation.

• Like 1

Etihad Stadium will be renamed Marvel Stadium in a new partnership with The Walt Disney Company Australia.
The stadium, located in Docklands, will be known as Marvel Stadium from September 1 in an eight-year agreement between Melbourne Stadiums Limited and Disney.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/marvel-lous-disney-wins-naming-rights-to-melbourne-s-etihad-stadium-20180524-p4zh5i.html

19 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Etihad Stadium will be renamed Marvel Stadium in a new partnership with The Walt Disney Company Australia.
The stadium, located in Docklands, will be known as Marvel Stadium from September 1 in an eight-year agreement between Melbourne Stadiums Limited and Disney.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/marvel-lous-disney-wins-naming-rights-to-melbourne-s-etihad-stadium-20180524-p4zh5i.html

That might be the most random piece of news all week. 

what do you guys think about this?  there is a place I walk where I know a cat crosses a somewhat busy street every night just because it is a cat and it feels it has to run across the street.  what if I went near the spot and set up a pre-memorial for the loving cat for when it eventually gets hit by a car and then suffers to death.

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3

1 minute ago, Thematrixfilm said:

what do you guys think about this?  there is a place I walk where I know a cat crosses a somewhat busy street every night just because it is a cat and it feels it has to run across the street.  what if I went near the spot and set up a pre-memorial for the loving cat for when it eventually gets hit by a car and then suffers to death.

I... what... huh?

:wintf:

15 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

:kitschjob: