Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Heathers is really fun in the early stretches but I was less and less into it the more it went on. The lead performances are iconic and the chemistry off the charts the movie kinda shoots itself in the foot when it drives them apart and has to plot its way towards a freaking action movie climax. And it's having its cake and eating it too by wallowing in cool cynicism and dark humor for as long as it can before it ends... the way it does. 

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

@baumer

You werent joking about this London town having tons of hot chicks. 

Its somewhat close to the US. Maybe that's why. The hotness is being permeated through the border.

You went to London today? :WHATanabe:

What part were u in? The downtown core is close to the University. That's where a lot of them hang out.

I just opened Steam and there's a Dark Souls remaster been released lmao. £35? 

And the description says "experience the game now running at 60fps" how utterly pathetic. The original ran fine you just had to download a fix. This is the most pathetic moneygrabbing attempt from major developer that Ive seen in a while.

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

You went to London today? :WHATanabe:

What part were u in? The downtown core is close to the University. That's where a lot of them hang out.

I think so. Called the Grad Club. 

17 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

A C Slater how many of them did you bang tonight? Can you count them on 5 hands or would you need more?

Sadly none. 

So far...

giphy.gif

Just read the last couple pages of the weekend thread. Apart from jumping in to drop some benign commentary on the numbers, I get the feeling that most of the perusing I do is going to result in me thinking "Hmm... do I really want to bite and get ensnared in this? Mmm... I'd best not."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

@WrathOfHan @aabattery I'm gonna watch yo guys movie tonight

You're gonna have to be more specific :lol:

11 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Just read the last couple pages of the weekend thread. Apart from jumping in to drop some benign commentary on the numbers, I get the feeling that most of the perusing I do is going to result in me thinking "Hmm... do I really want to bite and get ensnared in this? Mmm... I'd best not."

I am no longer on speaking terms with the Solo thread. 

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

so would it be too controversial of me to say that American Psycho is glib overdone one-note bullshit for the most part?

You're damn right. I still think it's fun though. Don't understand anyone who thinks Patrick Bateman is a good character or that it's a really deep film like Fight Club and seven and all that rubbish that film students say because they think they're cool.

8 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

You're damn right. I still think it's fun though. Don't understand anyone who thinks Patrick Bateman is a good character or that it's a really deep film like Fight Club and seven and all that rubbish that film students say because they think they're cool.

I kinda liked the final 30-40 minutes when he's getting more and more undermined by his own insanity. When he's actually in control of a scene and delivering all those breathless monologues about Huey Lewis and the News or admiring himself in a mirror during threesome and shit like that I just felt embarrassed for everyone involved. 

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I kinda liked the final 30-40 minutes when he's getting more and more undermined by his own insanity. When he's actually in control of a scene and delivering all those breathless monologues about Huey Lewis and the News or admiring himself in a mirror during threesome and shit like that I just felt embarrassed for everyone involved. 

definitely agree the last bit where he's going crazy is better. I still like the stupid stuff about how important business cards are and how wrong everyone is about which Huey Lewis album is the best and his videotapes excuse etc. because it's all so meaningless and stupid. All that stuff is completely meaningless and a load of crap but I would be lying if I said I don't find tearing someone apart with a chainsaw while listening to Huey Lewis, amusing.

• Like 1

Just finished a really great movie marathon! Check out this line-up:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

21 Jump Street

The LEGO Movie

22 Jump Street

What a great random assortment of movies I rewatched for no particular reason!!

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

Just finished a really great movie marathon! Check out this line-up:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

21 Jump Street

The LEGO Movie

22 Jump Street

What a great random assortment of movies I rewatched for no particular reason!!

And now you're gonna go watch Solo for a good cry?

5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

LET'S TALK ABOUT SOME GOOD NEWS:

If he flees the country like Polanski I’m dropping out, becoming a professional vigilante, assembling a team and we’ll get both of those scums.

Edited by Pandamia!