Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 9/24/2018 at 10:45 AM, DeeCee said:

Team mascots are great.  Always there to support the players.

(He's the halfback and spent the entire second half with his shoulder hanging limp.  Post game scans suggested a damaged rotator cuff in his left shoulder)

He actually just played the whole Grand Final and lead his team to victory. One of his teammates just said he played with a fractured scapula. 

20 minutes ago, DAR said:

So SNL got Matt Damon to play Brett Kavanaugh in the cold opening.  It was a funny sketch that as SNL is want to do, went on way too long. 

Kate McKinnon's Lindsey Graham was perfect though. "Stop comparing me to Bill Cosby!"

Weak premiere overall. Adam Driver felt underused despite being the host. And can we just cancel Kanye already? His first number had him in a giant Perrier bottle costume, and at the end of the show they did away with the cast goodbyes...so that he could do a third number while proudly sporting a MAGA hat. Dude needs to just go away.

Edited by filmlover

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

@MrPink Do you approve of the choice of soundtrack here?

(He retired this year after 17 seasons and is considered by many one of the best to play the game.)

Can't get the video to play :whosad:

Crazy Rich Asians had my heart after a certain song played towards the end, clearly.

• Sad 1

I’m subbed to WatchMojo and saw this on the timeline

Im still upset about how this show ended. HIMYM used to be my go-to show. The show I’d have on in the background. If i was sad, I would watch it. That last episode blew it. I can’t bare to watch it now.  It’s the only sitcom where this has happened to me: one episode so dreadful that I refuse to watch the show again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I’m subbed to WatchMojo and saw this on the timeline

Im still upset about how this show ended. HIMYM used to be my go-to show. The show I’d have on in the background. If i was sad, I would watch it. That last episode blew it. I can’t bare to watch it now.  It’s the only sitcom where this has happened to me: one episode so dreadful that I refuse to watch the show again.

Remember when there was supposed to be a spin-off starring Greta Gerwig that had a pilot shot and everything and ended up not getting picked up because the finale was so bad it soured everybody on the whole thing? Good times.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

finished maniac. had some reservations throughout but the last two episodes really do have a lot of fantastic emotional payoff that makes me wanna watch the whole thing again.

...but i still kinda think it coulda just been a movie.

also yes, give emma stone and justin theroux emmys. i'm sure they'll end up getting blocked by some ryan murphy miniseries smh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

finished maniac. had some reservations throughout but the last two episodes really do have a lot of fantastic emotional payoff that makes me wanna watch the whole thing again.

...but i still kinda think it coulda just been a movie.

This track :wub:

• Like 3

the campus movie theatre is playing Manufactured Landscapes, Watermark, and Anthropocene the next few weeks. Any of them worth seeing? I heard Landscapes and Anthropocene are great, Watermark is more middling 

I'm 10 minutes into the season 30 premier of The Simpsons

giphy.gif

I don't know how an animated character gives a J-Law "I don't wanna be here anymore" performance but The Simpsons have found a way.

Edit: Homer Simpsons response to being asked if hes seen Wonder Woman: "whenever I see the DC logo I immeadiatly fall asleep".

I stan once again.

Edited by AJG