Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 hours ago, Barnack said:

They are not killing any true profit, Cable was still the biggest source of profit of Disney last year no ?, and that mostly ESPN.

If the effort is better focused elsewhere, sell ESPN (for over 20 billions) do not close it (I cannot imagine you are being remotely serious), Rights will adjust itself over time with the new reality (they cannot not too).

You are correct that ESPN is one their biggest revenue drivers. The issue is that ESPN and to a certain extent even ABC operating margin is at a negative 8-10% variance year over year and it's not getting better forcing other units to pick up the slack. 

They need to invest their money on the areas with a positive variance. Parks, movies, etc. And reduce costs in their TV area. 

But I am just a bean counter and not in Iger's position.

21 minutes ago, shouldnt have shouldnt be said:

7 billion people might be consuming calories today??

>300 million people on the other side of the world should be praying to Allah tomorrow

only 300 million Christians celebrate Christmas?

Consuming calories right now.  Scrambled eggs with veggies and bacon.

Laurie Metcalf is literally taking over Broadway. I remember a year ago after the Oscars reading an interview with her where she said she hadn't received any filmed work since Lady Bird despite receiving a nomination for it but winning a Tony annually is a nice consolation prize.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Just nuke the CBM threads tbh.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Something funny book related probably. As usual.

Was it about CM vs WW? I don’t see why others aren’t happy that both female led blockbusters are doing well or talk about the potential growth for either without it turning into a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Some new Galaxy's Edge material is being shown at SWC, and they just showed what the Coke  bottles will look like.

D4DRydeWkAArFxA.jpg

These guys are really thinking about everything.

I look forward to drinking out of those the next time we visit the parks.

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

But I am just a bean counter and not in Iger's position.

Yes because closing an incredibly profitable asset evaluated over 20B with many giant long term contract (can you imagine the penalty) would probably one of the craziest proposition that they ever heard, would maybe not even comprehend what you mean by that.

I can imagine the heating system... but at a first reaction... how does a shower explode ?? :blink:

The explosion happened in a mobile shower unit in the center of the Coachella campgrounds. The event occurred shortly after rapper Childish Gambino closed day one of the festival.

The Riverside County Fire Department sent four engines to the scene. The official Twitter account said at 2:28 am: “Fire Contained. Mobile Shower Unit in Lot 8 Storage Area.”

The festival continues today with headliner Tame Impala, with Ariana Grande up on Sunday. There is then a hiatus until the next round of Coachella

NBA playoffs:

Philadelphia in 5                     Oklahoma City in 7

Brooklyn                                    Portland

Milwaukee in 5                        Golden State in 5

Detroit                                       Los Angeles?

Toronto in 5                            Denver in 7

Orlando                                    San Antonio

Boston in 6                             Houston in 7

Indiana                                     Utah

Spoiler

Toronto in 7                  Oklahoma City in 7

Philadelphia                    Denver

Milwaukee in 6             Houston in 7

Boston                            Golden State

Spoiler

Milwaukee in 7        Oklahoma City in 7                Oklahoma City in 7

Toronto                     Houston                                    Milwaukee