Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

why is this of revelance????

The Mouse House promises to use all of its marketing might to plug the $6.99 a month service — incl playing in-theater trailers for its original movies. Will we see a Lady in the Tramp spot before Lion 🦁 King or Maleficent 2?

With Wall Street analysts lining up to praise Disney for its thorough presentation of its long-awaited streaming offering, Disney+, investors sent shares up 10% to an all-time high of $128 in Friday morning trading.

is the Disney merger expected to continue to honor religions worldwide?

any one know the influence Disney and Hollywood has over religion towards people?

will continued media and Disney authority over children decline our civilization against religion?  I feel Disney in China is helping that nation, but maybe it isn't?

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Mofos need to go higher considering how much I am invested in them. They need to sell or shut down ESPN and fire that deadweight division. 

7 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Mofos need to go higher considering how much I am invested in them. They need to sell or shut down ESPN and fire that deadweight division. 

no idea, I am not holding any shares, nor do I watch others do sports, so....

36 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I just saw that Iger expects ESPNN+ to be profitable in 2023. No idea if that will be helpful for you or not.

25 minutes ago, AJG said:

Another thing about Disney’s streaming efforts: They have the biggest streaming service India

chartoftheday_15939_indian_video_streami

Thats a 70% market share in a country of 1.4 billion people.

and how many of that 1.4 billion have a subscription to stream videos?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I just saw that Iger expects ESPNN+ to be profitable in 2023. No idea if that will be helpful for you or not.

F*ck that shit. They need to shut it down and fire all those people. 

Hell they need cut more from Fox than what they are planning. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Another thing about Disney’s streaming efforts: They have the biggest streaming service India

chartoftheday_15939_indian_video_streami

Thats a 70% market share in a country of 1.4 billion people.

That's completely predicated on cricket. Literally every single install of Hotstar is due to the IPL and the upcoming World Cup. They don't have any original shows or similar in terms of content people want to pay for. In 3 years, the IPL rights come up for bidding again, I expect the bidding numbers to go crazy because every provider will want it to be the lynchpin of their service. 

Also, 1.4B might be the population, but the streaming population is much much smaller, still a huge number but most of India's online presence is on phones rather than on computers and tablets - especially in the villages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

F*ck that shit. They need to shut it down and fire all those people. 

Hell they need cut more from Fox than what they are planning. 

But you do not do cut ppl without at first doing an evaluation. Some of that can be prepared, but not all.

Plus: if they expect it to get income in a fe years and have reasosn for that, why overract now and exclude the possible future?

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

I imagine you only wanted to say how much you were invested in them and not serious that they should shut down their most profitable (by far) asset.

• Haha 2