Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Here's Disney+'s by-the-numbers break down for the content you can expect in the first year

D36R3AlUwAAtBv-.png

I'm gonna be in for 1 month or 1 year...and then like someone said, I'll see if I keep it year 2 or cycle through...it is a good price compared to DC online...

So what s the endgame ?

Fox content goes to Hulu ?

How long Netflix will be able to keep Warner/Universal/Paramount/Sony content ?

Does Universal/Comcast has a streaing service ?

Is Warnermedia preparing one ?

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So what s the endgame ?

Fox content goes to Hulu ?

How long Netflix will be able to keep Warner/Universal/Paramount/Sony content ?

Does Universal/Comcast has a streaing service ?

Is Warnermedia preparing one ?

Apparently lot of Fox goes into Disney+:

In its first year, Disney Plus will offer 10 original films and 25 original series, including three “Avengers” spinoffs. Disney announced that all 30 seasons of “The Simpsons” would be available on Day One, along with nearly all the “Star Wars” movies, the entire Pixar library and family-focused movies and shows from its Fox library like “The Sound of Music” and “Malcolm in the Middle.”

Universal is coming planned 2020

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nbcuniversal-streaming-service-details-1203108034/

Seem less ambitious,

AT&T is preparing one in addition to what they already have with HBO.

Has for Netflix able to keep or not, I imagine it is hard to say, will there be syndication law coming on streaming like for TV soon ? A lot of what make streaming appealing I imagine to them is the giant lack of rules.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Well if Universal and Warner do a streaming service, Netfix will have Tom Cruise Paramount  movies and Venom movies from Sony ?

Ykes.

Viacom sound on the selling block in part or in all I think, I would not bet on them necessarily existing. that said they also this year started their own streaming platform, deal went last month I think:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto_TV

Viacom's plans for Pluto TV include more licensed content from Viacom's Paramount Pictures studio, expansion into Latin America, availability on smart TV's,[22] and paid subscriptions.[23]

Liongates has a couple of their own streaming platform.

Sony had the other way around, they sold their long time running streaming platform Crackle (that they founded in 2007, same time Netflix streaming started) recently instead of buying some.

Has Netflix is ready to pay 9 figures for Studio content, it would be an hard hit/bet for non Disney studio to not take the money to try to boost their own affair.

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Can't wait for the Lionsgate Streaming serrice with Hellboy and Robin Hood as a selling point.

Liongates has been in the streaming business for a while now and a big player, they own Starz:

https://www.starz.com/

Was until recently about has big has Netflix, bought it 4.4 billion and is most of the company revenues now I think.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

WarnerMedia Streaming sounds like a huge sunk cost, especially since it's unlikely that HBO Go won't stay its own entity. Considering how badly AT&T is about to mess up HBO, I don't have a lot of faith in their streaming arm.

8 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

till then I guess Netflix is higher too

As I am still ill (puking seems to be over, but still feverish), I looked into Netflix yesterday - again. There is really not a lot I do not already know, out of what I do not know nearly all does not interest me.

Son likes a few series, Psychopath, Fate/Zero, and Cowboy Bebop (or so). And we both watch Star Trek Discovery. So... not sure how long we will have that. Not sure if we will have any paid per month thing