Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, RichWS said:

I know America is a massive purveyor of shit across the globe but how did we allow Corden to become a thing here? One day, I looked up and there he was. Who authorized it? Why? 

All I know is that he was in some British movie that Taylor Swift recorded a song for (and got nominated for a Golden Globe because they would) that took forever to get released here because of Weinstein's incompetence and all of a sudden he was everywhere. Weird turn of events.

Just now, filmlover said:

This could just as easily be applied to Star Wars post-The Last Jedi tbh. All the whiny fan entitlement going around has made even being a casual fan taxing.

I don't think that was the point of the tweet.

I'm not exactly happy with how GOT ended, but I don't regret investing in the series the past 8 years. Series has enough strengths overall that I'm willing enough to let a weak final season slide. It's not Dexter (which had shit the bed long before that horrible finale proved to be the poisonous cherry on top) or How I Met Your Mother (a show whose entire legacy was completely ruined by its conclusion).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clubs Are Trash said:

does anyone know if the Kardashians were the first big reality show to star 'bitchy and bossy'?

'bitchy and bossy' characters like that can be subject to bullying and can get ganged up on

does anyone know if they were created to support and give those kinds of characters a voice?

was bitchy and bossy mainstream before them?  Paris Hilton and co. were pretty airheaded, but i remember most of them and people like that in the 90s and 00s really get shit on by tools like us, so were the Kardashians spinoff an answer to that to give women with baggage issues a voice to overcome the extra baggage gained from not being perfect?

anyone know what kinds of shows compare to this (or movies)?  i'm drawing blanks other then the 'Real World' and the suffocating movies made before visual effects and the newest generations

Jessica and Ashlee Simpson were similar individuals but I don't remember if they had a television show.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Just found out Craig Mazin made HBO's Chernobyl. Woah, guess you really shouldn't judge screen-writers too harshly on their past film works.

Maybe he was doing an Eric Heisserer with his career. Also, Alec Berg and David Mandel also made crappy movies (sometimes together) but also wrote episodes of Seinfeld and wrote/ran two other amazing HBO shows recently (Barry and Veep).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

THe reaction to the new Bong Joon-ho movie holy shit. My most anticipated coming out of Cannes for sure.

Seems like this will be his best film since Mother. I'm happy to see him go back to making fully Korean movies. His half English, half Korean-language movies were some of his worst work (even though I really liked Okja).

Edited by lorddemaxus

@CJohn Aaaaaaaand to no one's surprise, A Prisioneira semi-flopped. It did about 11.9% rating and something in the 24-25% range for share. At least Valor da Vida did that kind of premiere result on a Sunday that was supposed to have Kitchen Nightmares and the channel conned the audience instead; but this had no excuse. TVI bombed with 16% daily against SIC's 20%.

This is going to be the darkest Summer in the channel's history, I presume.

Edited by MCKillswitch123