Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

@CJohn

Netflix releasing Designated Survivor Season 3 on June 7th

I plan on watching it. Hopefully it will have some budget and stronger storylines since it is just 10 episodes.

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

@CJohn

Discount Store StarLord is back!

:gold:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Golpe de Sorte showed its first sign of weakness with a rather.... ehh result on Thursday. Reminds me of The Farmer Wants A Wife, which was blowing up at the beginning of its 1st week but then slowed down as it went along, only to then blow up right again. 10.7% rating and something over 24% share for it. Still, I believe it was an atypical result and it won't lose the leadership to Prisioneira anytime soon. Prisioneira was still closer to Joker than to it, so I really don't see it losing the #1 spot until at least September when the new Rui Vilhena (writer of Ninguém Como Tu and Tempo de Viver) soap arrives. And even then, it will end in September and be replaced directly with another soap, starring Sofia Alves (HUGE for SIC to get her) and Sara Matos. However, the Vilhena soap sounds bombastic on paper.... that shit has an insane all-star cast that's being built up: Alexandra Lencastre, Dalila Carmo, Margarida Vila-Nova, Maria João Bastos and São José Correia all confirmed so far. And it's set in the Madeira islands, so it'll have hopefully epic cinematography. Until then, Golpe will stay #1, but we'll find out soon enough if the fad was all first week hype crashing down as the public dissipates to cable again, and Golpe is another fragile leader like Valor da Vida was, or if it really is here to stay, like The Farmer and O Programa da Cristina were.

What makes me believe it was an atypical result was how strong its 2nd and 3rd episode results were, the latter being in rather tough conditions coming post a big commercial break after the Europa League finals, which SIC aired. It not only pretty much matched the game's share, but it surpassed it in rating. Sure, a football game not featuring the Portugal national team or one of the big three (Benfica, Porto or Sporting) isn't that big of a deal for our public, but it was still the Europa League finals featuring two of the biggest teams in the world, Chelsea and Arsenal. Golpe de Sorte outdid that game in rating. That's pretty big. I don't believe yesterday's result was a normal thing. Hell, ratings nowadays are rollercoasters that fluctuate between highs and lows. It will rebound, for sure. And also, Alma e Coração beat A Teia yet again despite Golpe giving it a much worse lead-in than in the other days. If THAT can happen even on a weak day for Golpe, then I can safely say I reeeeeeally feel like it was a fluke result.

What was not a fluke, however, was Like Me being a gigantic bomb. 7% share on Thursday. Finding ways to make Who Wants To Marry My Son look better every passing hour :hahaha:  The Farmer, which yet again had a completely random episode before the beginning of Season 2, is still bafflingly huge, only having the leadership stolen from it in the final minutes of the 7PM GAWD's show. And in the mornings, Você na TV continues to dispute second place with RTP's show. As a matter of fact, RTP was like 9 decimals behind TVI for Thursday dailies, AND IT WASN'T EVEN WITH ANYTHING SPECIAL IN THEIR PROGRAMMING. TVI is closer to RTP1 than SIC was last year.... that's not a joke. RTP1 is more competitive against TVI for 2nd place than they were against SIC, even on SIC's darkest hours. Tonight, RTP has a U-20 World Cup Portugal game and a futsal game between Benfica and Sporting at primetime. They might actually beat TVI today. And they might actually beat TVI someday with regular programming. And Good fucking lord, that will be the single most hilarious sight of all time.

I am here for the day RTP1 defeats TVI with normal programming. TVI is a disaster. Like Me obviously won't be at 7 PM next Monday. They will replace it with more episodes of Raid the Cage. Because that is what TVI does best nowadays. Replacing shit out of nowhere with new shit with no marketing only to see it sinking harder than what the previous shit was doing.

Also, yeah, I think Golpe de Sorte is stabilizing after the initial hype but it will still lead confortably over Prisioneira. 

The mornings of TVI need to be rebooted completely. It keeps dropping spectacularly. Goucha needs a big ass break from TV but there is no way he gets one so move him to the afternoon. In the mornings, put Fátima in there with Herman or Vasco Palmeirim. Or go all out insane and pay the 7 PM GAWD an insane amount of cash and see what happens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

I am here for the day RTP1 defeats TVI with normal programming. TVI is a disaster. Like Me obviously won't be at 7 PM next Monday. They will replace it with more episodes of Raid the Cage. Because that is what TVI does best nowadays. Replacing shit out of nowhere with new shit with no marketing only to see it sinking harder than what the previous shit was doing.

Also, yeah, I think Golpe de Sorte is stabilizing after the initial hype but it will still lead confortably over Prisioneira. 

The mornings of TVI need to be rebooted completely. It keeps dropping spectacularly. Goucha needs a big ass break from TV but there is no way he gets one so move him to the afternoon. In the mornings, put Fátima in there with Herman or Vasco Palmeirim. Or go all out insane and pay the 7 PM GAWD an insane amount of cash and see what happens.

They are recording new episodes of Raid The Cage, so we know that's coming back sooner than later. And with Like Me sinking to lower and lower lows by the hour, it's only a matter of time until TVI decides "well, we want AT LEAST 10% share at 7PM" :hahaha:  So, yet another unannounced out-of-nowhere change, here we go.

As for the mornings, well, I honestly don't think TVI is getting a break anytime soon because Cristina is Cristina. Você na TV was still hitting 30% share before her new show premiered, so it's not just the fact that it is a show that's basically associated with her as much as it is with Goucha. That being said, yeah, the man needs a long break from TV. His image is beyond burned. And poor Maria Cerqueira Gomes needs to host content that isn't associated with Cristina, unless they wanna bury her image further more as well.

Fátima Lopes in the mornings wouldn't be that bad of an idea for a futile attempt at a fix, since she used to be the Goddess of mornings when she was on SIC, but now she's basically reduced to being the Tardes da Júlia leftover that every now and then gets some leadership, and every now and then gets something else to do. News broke that she's actually quite pissed at TVI that First Dates wasn't a primetime show as originally intended, or that she didn't get the Your Face Sounds Familiar or Dancing With The Stars gigs. (Then again, did she see the ratings that Let's Dance got????) That being said, I don't think that it would change anything. If Goucha, one of the greatest stars of our TV's history, can barely hold off Jorge Gabriel and Sónia Araújo, Fátima - who can't compete with Júlia - will only sink TVI's mornings more. I actually think she might leave for RTP one of these days.... I don't think she would go to SIC, since where would there be space for her? Cristina already has the mornings and Júlia has the noons. Unless they make her an entertainment-exclusive host, or they team her up with Júlia.

Palmeirim would be a smart choice, though. He's literally carrying Joker to competitive against soaps status and he has a MASSIVE fanbase amongst the younger demographics (tapping into audiences that maybe Cristina doesn't tap as much). The 7PM GAWD would be a big, big deal..... but again, he taps into the same audience as the average morning show, so, I don't think Cristina would lose because of him. But you never know, The Price Is Right has been on air for over 2 decades now and it's still running strong.

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

They are recording new episodes of Raid The Cage, so we know that's coming back sooner than later. And with Like Me sinking to lower and lower lows by the hour, it's only a matter of time until TVI decides "well, we want AT LEAST 10% share at 7PM" :hahaha:  So, yet another unannounced out-of-nowhere change, here we go.

As for the mornings, well, I honestly don't think TVI is getting a break anytime soon because Cristina is Cristina. Você na TV was still hitting 30% share before her new show premiered, so it's not just the fact that it is a show that's basically associated with her as much as it is with Goucha. That being said, yeah, the man needs a long break from TV. His image is beyond burned. And poor Maria Cerqueira Gomes needs to host content that isn't associated with Cristina, unless they wanna bury her image further more as well.

Fátima Lopes in the mornings wouldn't be that bad of an idea for a futile attempt at a fix, since she used to be the Goddess of mornings when she was on SIC, but now she's basically reduced to being the Tardes da Júlia leftover that every now and then gets some leadership, and every now and then gets something else to do. News broke that she's actually quite pissed at TVI that First Dates wasn't a primetime show as originally intended, or that she didn't get the Your Face Sounds Familiar or Dancing With The Stars gigs. (Then again, did she see the ratings that Let's Dance got????) That being said, I don't think that it would change anything. If Goucha, one of the greatest stars of our TV's history, can barely hold off Jorge Gabriel and Sónia Araújo, Fátima - who can't compete with Júlia - will only sink TVI's mornings more. I actually think she might leave for RTP one of these days.... I don't think she would go to SIC, since where would there be space for her? Cristina already has the mornings and Júlia has the noons. Unless they make her an entertainment-exclusive host, or they team her up with Júlia.

Palmeirim would be a smart choice, though. He's literally carrying Joker to competitive against soaps status and he has a MASSIVE fanbase amongst the younger demographics (tapping into audiences that maybe Cristina doesn't tap as much). The 7PM GAWD would be a big, big deal..... but again, he taps into the same audience as the average morning show, so, I don't think Cristina would lose because of him. But you never know, The Price Is Right has been on air for over 2 decades now and it's still running strong.

The question here is not even defeating Cristina. It is becoming competitive again which Você na TV as it is will never be since it is not close to be 3rd place on the mornings every day. They need to at least good back to the SIC days where Queridas Manhãs would be a solid 2nd never in danger of getting defeated by RTP1. The mornings need a complete reboot with new hosts. Bring out some big name and throw Fátima in there. Hell, in August both Você na TV and A Tarde É Sua should be off TV completely and in September reboot both shows with new names and hosts. Goucha can get the afternoon show ALONE. No co-host nonsense. He doesn't need one. 

Fátima has every right to be pissed. Let's Dance was always gonna fail with anyone. It was a dance reality show where the contestants where living in a house isolated to train for the live Sunday shows... who thought that was a good idea? She should have got Raid the Cage or Dancing With The Stars. I swear to God I don't understand TVI's obsession with Rita Pereira, she is an AWFUL host. Absolutely AWFUL. Use her as an actress and nothing else. I am not against the decision of using Maria C. Gomes in Your Face Sounds Familiar tho, it is a way to give her more exposition as a host without being in the shadow of Goucha. It hasn't worked at all tho.

35 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The question here is not even defeating Cristina. It is becoming competitive again which Você na TV as it is will never be since it is not close to be 3rd place on the mornings every day. They need to at least good back to the SIC days where Queridas Manhãs would be a solid 2nd never in danger of getting defeated by RTP1. The mornings need a complete reboot with new hosts. Bring out some big name and throw Fátima in there. Hell, in August both Você na TV and A Tarde É Sua should be off TV completely and in September reboot both shows with new names and hosts. Goucha can get the afternoon show ALONE. No co-host nonsense. He doesn't need one. 

Fátima has every right to be pissed. Let's Dance was always gonna fail with anyone. It was a dance reality show where the contestants where living in a house isolated to train for the live Sunday shows... who thought that was a good idea? She should have got Raid the Cage or Dancing With The Stars. I swear to God I don't understand TVI's obsession with Rita Pereira, she is an AWFUL host. Absolutely AWFUL. Use her as an actress and nothing else. I am not against the decision of using Maria C. Gomes in Your Face Sounds Familiar tho, it is a way to give her more exposition as a host without being in the shadow of Goucha. It hasn't worked at all tho.

Queridas Manhãs did actually lose or come close to losing to RTP1 a few times, if I remember correctly. The Júlia train was a nightmarish disaster after all that buzz and hype :rofl:  She's the queen of afternoons, though, as proved by the fact that she became competitive against the leftover of her own show even before Cristina arrived to SIC. But regardless, I agree that Você na TV needs to be gone and the mornings need a total reboot. That name doesn't work anymore. It was the Goucha and Cristina show and Cristina is no longer there. Just like A Tarde é Sua which is just As Tardes da Júlia 2.0, only that Fátima had no competition for years on end. Both shows do 100% need a reboot. That being said, I still doubt that the mornings won't be competitive with RTP1 anyway. That channel has been doing really well lately, for some reason (at least for its standards). Noons might be different with a total reboot. But I wouldn't put Goucha in the noons. As a matter of fact, Goucha should retire from full-time daytime programming altogether. The man needs a giant resting of his image. I think Fátima can stay in the noons, even though she used to be the Goddess of mornings, but putting her in the mornings wouldn't do any better than Você na TV. And she has the occasional glory moment against Júlia anyway.... she just needs a totally rebooted image. I understand why Goucha in the noons sounds tempting, but I really feel like he needs to take quite a lot of time off. The wretched failure of Você na TV and the apparent bad buzz he's been getting for holding Maria C. Gomes back are catching up to him. Rebooted Fátima in the noons, Palmeirim in the mornings. That would likely be way more competitive. Then, put Ninguém Como Tu at 3PM. And for the late noon, I'd bring back First Dates, hosted by Leonor Poeiras, at 6PM - don't laugh, the previous edition actually did pretty good business - and then Agora É Que Conta at 7PM. That was a wildly successful and popular show back in the day, and probably the only thing worth a damn that Fátima hosted on TVI.

Totally agree that Fátima should've gotten Dancing With The Stars, although, honestly, I didn't dislike Rita as the host of that show. She did okay for someone who isn't a host, really. Much better than Pedro Teixeira, who had way more experience having spent years with Cristina in Raid The Cage. And it made sense tbh. She's a very popular star, she killed it when she was a competitor in Season 1, and she was begging for it. However, her getting Raid The Cage was really idiotic and basically gave everyone the idea that TVI was trying to turn her into Cristina, and only because she was the closest TVI star to Cristina in Instagram followers or whatever and because her hosting of DWTS wasn't the worst thing ever, nor was the season of DWTS she hosted the biggest flop ever. I wouldn't have given RTC to Fátima either, though. Isabel Silva or Leonor Poeiras should've taken that gig. Belinha is really talented and has been wasted for YEARS as the host of Love On Top when she should be getting much better gigs. And not even considering Leonor, who had already replaced Cristina on the show before, was a disaster on their part. As for Let's Dance, it was one of the many hilarious attempts from TVI at trying to create a show that would then be sold to international markets, like 50 Hours, Love On Top and Like Me :rofl:  The concept was Star Academy with dancers, which doesn't sound so bad until you remember that the only successful dance show in Portugal was Dancing With The Stars, which, you know, features stars in them. They were probably pissed that SIC (especifically César Mourão) created D'Improviso and it got adapted in Spain's Antena 3 after only one not even very successful, albeit well liked season. And as for YFSF, they shouldn't have done it to begin with, but if they were gonna do it, they should've done it with Goucha on his own. Maria C. Gomes getting exposition is a fine idea but she should've gotten a show that wasn't linked to Cristina.

Anyway, TVI actually survived getting knocked back to 3rd place by a few decimals. SIC took a step back, surprisingly, just under 20% daily share, so I think that TVI's Arraial special (a Somos Portugal rip-off, to my understanding) worked. Golpe de Sorte did win the night again, despite the futsal competition. Went down in rating again (10.4%) but it increased in share (over 24%). It's been having some stiff conditions lately.... on Wednesday, it started at 10PM; on Thursday, it took Joker on through and through (unusual); and yesterday, it fought a big futsal game. And it kept being the #1 show all the time. Rough results, but some strong staying power for a show that had to replace one of the biggest flops of all time at 9PM.

The reviews for season 2 of Big Little Lies indicate that it's managed the task of living up to the first, which is a relief (rewatched it in preparation for the new season recently and it still holds up as a great series). Also seems like Meryl is getting MVP notices, so should be fun watching her sweep all the awards throughout 2020 since it won't be qualifying for the Emmys this year.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

8 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Miley Cyrus' new EP is killer. She has always been the best out of the Disney girls. Way more talented and intresting than Ariana or Demi or Selena.

Ariana's a Nickelodeon girl, thank you very much. Second, how dare you even slander Ariana like that

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Ariana's a Nickelodeon girl, thank you very much. Second, how dare you even slander Ariana like that

Miley is just superior artistically. She has a more intresting voice, has worked more with her sound and is a more mature artist. Ariana has potential that she has mainly wasted though. Her last album was the only one borderline good after a series of poor records.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

The reviews for season 2 of Big Little Lies indicate that it's managed the task of living up to the first, which is a relief (rewatched it in preparation for the new season recently and it still holds up as a great series). Also seems like Meryl is getting MVP notices, so should be fun watching her sweep all the awards throughout 2020 since it won't be qualifying for the Emmys this year.

i wasn't worried. Andrea Arnold Army 4 lyfe.

@CJohn Yup, the Arraial thing worked out for TVI. It came a lot closer to Segundo Sol than Like Me or Onde Está Elisa?. Coupled with a stable result in share for Prisioneira and a decrease from Cristina and The Farmer, that explains TVI's better than normal and SIC's worse than normal result on Friday. RTP1 was an inch from 2nd place, and probably didn't so because the futsal game actually didn't do that great (about on par with what Joker does, if not less). The U-20 World Cup game blew the fuck up with 26% share and 9% rating, though (this being the reason why The Farmer didn't hit the results it usually does). Golpe de Sorte having only a slight rating drop and a share increase in the face of the futsal competition + the heat honestly makes its result a lot more impressive. Also, in other news, Praça da Alegria broke its yearly record yesterday and is getting closer and closer to becoming the runner-up to Cristina. I'm telling you: RTP1 is seriously starting to make a run for the 2nd place against TVI. WHO THE HELL SAW THAT COMING EVEN IN JANUARY? :hahaha:

Edited by MCKillswitch123