Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn SIC's Tuesday: nearly 23%. TVI's Tuesday: just barely past 15%. This is like Summer 2018 but with the roles reversed :rofl:

Golpe de Sorte had another insanely strong result, losing very little of its premiere audience. Prisioneira rebounded a little bit, as it never sunk below Joker and had a slight increase..... and by slight increase, I mean it went up to 9.5% rating and just over 20% share. Yesterday it did less than that. Still, a massive far cry from the 13.5% rating and over 28% share that Golpe pulled off. These aren't Herdeira numbers yet, but they're about Ouro Verde numbers, and that's a great start.

Alma e Coração, SIC's previous 9PM megaflop, is now officially an 11PM success. It clearly made good use of both its lead-in and the months it spent at 9PM. It annihilated A Teia. which sunk to Vidas Opostas-like lows; it hit almost the same rating that Prisioneira did at 9PM (9.2%); and it broke its 2019 share record.

Like Me tanked to apocalyptic levels. At 7PM, it clocked in 8.9%......... share. Not rating, but share. The weakest premiere for a reality show diary EVER for TVI. That's not hyperbole: it's real. The Farmer, which had another special episode, tripled it, while The Price Is Right doubled it. And at midnight, the Globo soap Segundo Sol absolutely destroyed the late night diary. And here I thought that maybe it had a chance after its better than expected premiere, but after the jaw-dropping lows of Inspetor Max, Raid The Cage, Who Wants To Marry My Son, TVI On Air and so fort..... this has topped all of them in the failtastic meter. Goodness fucking gracious.

And last, but certainly not least, it has finally happened: Você na TV came in third after both Cristina and Praça da Alegria. It was Maria Cerqueira Gomes' birthday. And yet, nevermind doing about half of Programa da Cristina, Você na TV also lost to RTP. One year ago, that sounded like it would never, ever, ever happen. How things can change.

TVI, it was good knowing you. But your time of death has arrived.

It is very late and I was aware about Você na TV being 3rd and I thought that was the biggest holy shit moment but Like Me with a 9% share at 7 PM HOLY SHIT. It is gonna get reduced to a midnight diary by next Monday. It is so cheap they might still air it for 2 or 3 months like Love On Top tho. TVI is the gift that keeps on giving. Now is the time for RTP1 to try and get 2nd place.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

a bunch of people, not even blanks, are liking some random post of mine from a weekend thread over a year ago. idk why.

I linked to it in the Onward thread because Tree said something stupid ("onward isn't an adjective") and the thread got temporarily derailed by people correcting him.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

high life is probably my favourite movie of the year so far but i can't get over

Spoiler

that one random scene of two characters on a train we never see again explain the premise of the movie. that shit was sloppy as hell. I don't know why it's there literally everything they say is reiterated by characters later on. just put it on a title card at the start if you felt like you had to explain it claire!!!

• Like 3

@WrathOfHan happy birthday... i'm including all of 2019 because i can't remember when i did it last; released films will be bolded, since i'm gonna try to do these regularly again:

18x:

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5, Smallfoot, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Instant Family, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Bumblebee, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby

17x:

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Smallfoot, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Instant Family, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Bumblebee, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, The Kid Who Would Be King, Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby, Fighting with My Family, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Round 2 Dolby

Rocketman: A Private War, Bohemian Rhapsody, If Beale Street Could Talk, Ben Is Back, A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, The Mule, On the Basis of Sex, Isn’t It Romantic, Captain Marvel Dolby, What Men Want, The Beach Bum, Pet Sematary, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Five Feet Apart, Long Shot, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: First Man IMAX, Aquaman, Bumblebee, Vice, Free Solo IMAX, The Mule, Serenity, Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Shazam! IMAX, Hellboy IMAX, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

16x:

The Secret Life of Pets 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Round 2 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Shazam! IMAX, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, A Dog’s Journey, Aladdin Dolby

15x:

Breakthrough: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, The Mule, On the Basis of Sex, The Kid Who Would Be King, Isn’t It Romantic, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, What Men Want, Stan and Ollie, Wonder Park, The Upside, Dumbo, Missing Link Dolby, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby

Pokémon Detective Pikachu: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Once Upon a Deadpool, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby, Isn’t It Romantic, Stan and Ollie, Stan and Ollie, Wonder Park, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 3, Missing Link Dolby, Shazam! Round 2 Dolby, Penguins, Avengers: Endgame, UglyDolls

Dark Phoenix: First Man IMAX, Overlord, Free Solo IMAX, The Kid Who Would Be King, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Glass, Happy Death Day 2U, Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Shazam! IMAX, Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, The Sun Is Also a Star

14x:

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, Venom, Once Upon a Deadpool, Widows Round 2, Bohemian Rhapsody, Aquaman, A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, Free Solo IMAX, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, Cold War

12x:

Pet Sematary: Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Once Upon a Deadpool, Aquaman, Serenity, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Glass, Happy Death Day 2U, Cold Pursuit, What Men Want, Us Dolby, Cruel Intentions

10x:

The Kid Who Would Be King: The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Instant Family, Once Upon a Deadpool, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Favourite, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX

Shazam!: Smallfoot, Mid90s, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Free Solo IMAX, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 3

A Dog’s Journey: On the Basis of Sex, The Kid Who Would Be King, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Round 2 Dolby, Wonder Park, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, Little, Five Feet Apart, Breakthrough, Pokémon Detective Pikachu

MIB: International: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby, Isn’t It Romantic, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Fighting with My Family, Happy Death Day 2U, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Hellboy IMAX, Avengers: Endgame, Long Shot, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby

9x:

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Smallfoot, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Aquaman, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Ninjago: Secrets of the Fourth Dimension

8x:

A Dog’s Way Home: The Front Runner, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins Returns, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

The Aftermath: Can You Ever Forgive Me?, A Private War, Vice, The Favourite, Ben Is Back, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Serenity, Cold War

Captain Marvel: Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Creed II, Free Solo IMAX, On the Basis of Sex, Black Panther Round 3, Glass, Cold Pursuit

The Sun is Also a Star: Isn’t It Romantic, Fighting with My Family, The Upside, Gloria Bell, Little, Five Feet Apart, Breakthrough, Pokémon Detective Pikachu

7x:

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Dog Days, Alpha, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Mary Poppins Returns, Captain Marvel Dolby

The Lion King: Mary Poppins Returns, Penguins, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Amazing Grace, Breakthrough, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX

6x:

What Men Want: Crazy Rich Asians, Juliet, Naked, Widows Round 2, Bumblebee, Vice, Green Book

Isn’t It Romantic: Instant Family, Vox Lux, The Favourite, If Beale Street Could Talk A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2

Us: Vice, The Mule, Serenity, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Glass, Happy Death Day 2U

The Curse of La Llorona: Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Glass, Happy Death Day 2U, Climax, Everybody Knows

Missing Link: Bumblebee, Fighting with My Family, Captain Marvel Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 6, Wonder Park, Dumbo

Little: Green Book, Fighting with My Family, What Men Want, The Upside, Us Round 2 Dolby, A Madea Family Funeral

Aladdin: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Fighting with My Family, Dumbo, Little, Hellboy IMAX

Uglydolls: Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Mary Poppins Returns, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Captain Marvel Dolby, Dumbo, Penguins

Spider-Man: Far from Home: The Kid Who Would Be King, Glass, Captain Marvel Dolby, Everybody Knows, Shazam! IMAX, Five Feet Apart

The Hustle: Isn’t It Romantic, Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Fighting with My Family, Extreme Job, Avengers: Endgame, Five Feet Apart

Dora and the Lost City of Gold: Shazam! IMAX, Little, Missing Link Dolby, Breakthrough, UglyDolls, Aladdin Dolby

The Angry Birds Movie 2: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 3D, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin Dolby

5x:

Glass: Venom, Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Aquaman, Creed II

Miss Bala: The Front Runner, Widows Round 2, The Favourite, Green Book, On the Basis of Sex

Overcomer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 4 IMAX, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 5 Dolby

Serenity: The Karate Kid, A Private War, Green Book, The Mule, The Kid Who Would Be King

Shaft: What Men Want, Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, A Madea Family Funeral, The Beach Bum

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum: Cold Pursuit, Extreme Job, A Madea Family Funeral, Hellboy IMAX, Long Shot

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw: Cold Pursuit, Captain Marvel Dolby, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby

Blinded by the Light: Long Shot, Tolkien, A Dog’s Journey, The Sun Is Also a Star, The White Crow

4x:

Escape Room: Overlord, Once Upon a Deadpool, Vox Lux, Vice
The Beach Bum: Mid90s, Vox Lux, Happy Death Day 2U, Climax
The Best of Enemies: Green Book, Fighting with My Family, What Men Want, The Upside
Downton Abbey: Green Book, On the Basis of Sex, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase, The Mustang
Avengers: Endgame: Aquaman, Black Panther Round 3, Us Dolby, Shazam! IMAX
The Intruder: Cold Pursuit, What Men Want, A Madea Family Funeral, Little
Long Shot: A Madea Family Funeral, Avengers: Endgame, Five Feet Apart, Family
Tolkien: Alita: Battle Angel Dolby 3D, Fighting with My Family, The Beach Bum, Long Shot
Booksmart: Cruel Intentions, Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Long Shot
Poms: The Upside, Family, Long Shot, UglyDolls
Abominable: Dumbo, Missing Link Dolby, UglyDolls, A Dog’s Journey
Yesterday: Isn’t It Romantic, Little, Tolkien, The Sun Is Also a Star
My Spy: UglyDolls, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, The Sun Is Also a Star, Aladdin Dolby

3x:

Cold Pursuit: A Private War, Once Upon a Deadpool, Widows Round 2
Arctic: A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, The Mule, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2
Gloria Bell: Ben Is Back, Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Cold War
Fighting with My Family: Creed II, Vice, Glass
Greta: A Star is Born Round 3 Dolby, On the Basis of Sex, Happy Death Day 2U
Five Feet Apart: Ben Is Back, The Kid Who Would Be King, Happy Death Day 2U
Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase: The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Round 2 Dolby, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Round 2 Dolby, Apollo 11 IMAX
The Mustang: Can You Ever Forgive Me? Round 2, Oscar Nominated Live-Action Shorts, Everybody Knows
The Biggest Little Farm: Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts, Apollo 11 IMAX, Wonder Park
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, The Beach Bum
Hellboy: Cold Pursuit, Shazam! IMAX, Pet Sematary
Ma: Us Dolby, Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby
Lucy in the Sky: Us Round 2 Dolby, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Tolkien
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Endgame Round 2 Dolby, Avengers: Endgame Round 3 IMAX
Anna: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby, Long Shot, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby
Late Night: Cruel Intentions, Little, The Sun Is Also a Star
All is True: Stan and Ollie, Tolkien, The White Crow
Toy Story 4: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Aladdin Dolby

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day
The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2
Happy Death Day 2U: Halloween Dolby, Once Upon a Deadpool
Stan and Ollie: Widows Round 2, Bohemian Rhapsody
Capernaum: Burning, Shoplifters
The Prodigy: Overlord, The Mule
Where’d You Go, Bernadette?: Vice, If Beale Street Could Talk
Everybody Knows: Cold War, Oscar Nominated Live-Action Shorts
Transit: Oscar Nominated Documentary Shorts, Overlord Round 2
Hotel Mumbai: Cold War, Gully Boy
The Informer: Serenity, Extreme Job
High Life: Climax, Gloria Bell
After: Serenity, Cruel Intentions
Amazing Grace: Apollo 11 IMAX, The Mustang
BrightBurn: Pet Sematary, The Curse of La Llorona Dolby
Frozen 2: Captain Marvel Dolby, Penguins
Good Boys: The Beach Bum, Long Shot
Gemini Man: Avengers: Endgame, Tolkien
Stuber: Little, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby
Maiden: Amazing Grace, The White Crow

1x:

The Current War: Wind River
Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man
City of Lies: Hotel Artemis
The Upside: Aquaman
Run the Race: Ben is Back
Police Story 1 & 2 4K: MacGruber
Apollo 11: Oscar Nominated Live-Action Shorts
Knife+Heart: Overlord Round 2
Kesari: Gully Boy                                            
Penguins: Apollo 11 IMAX
Child’s Play: Climax
Under the Silver Lake: Climax
Triple Threat: Extreme Job
Mia and the White Lion: Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase
Bolden: The Upside
The Souvenir: Gloria Bell
The Public: Cruel Intentions
Stuck: A Madea Family Funeral
The Art of Self-Defense: Hotel Mumbai
The Lodge: The Beach Bum
The Addams Family: Missing Link Dolby
The Dead Don’t Die: Pet Sematary
Joker: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby
Annabelle Comes Home: The Curse of La Llorona Dolby
Her Smell: High Life
Hail Santa?: Her Smell
Hesburgh: Her Smell
Sonic the Hedgehog: Pokémon Detective Pikachu
21 Bridges: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby
Crawl: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby
It: Chapter 2: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby
Angel Has Fallen: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum Dolby
The Tomorrow Man: The White Crow
The Art of Racing in the Rain: Aladdin Dolby
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil: Aladdin Dolby

Edited by Blankments
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, DAR said:

Hangover came out this week ten years ago too.

For me it's like the comedy version of the Matrix.   Original is the best followed by crappy sequels.   Although I disliked the Hangover II so much I never really bothered with III

Hangover's 10th anniversary is actually next week heh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

Up is now a decade old movie. Time flies.

And so is Drag Me to Hell. Up was the last movie I saw before graduating high school, and Drag Me to Hell was the first I saw after.

As great as Up is, however, there's no experience I've had with it - not even getting misty-eyed af to the "Married Life" montage - that holds a candle to my freshman year roommate completely losing his shit laughing at the seance with the goat in Drag Me to Hell later that fall. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

And so is Drag Me to Hell. Up was the last movie I saw before graduating high school, and Drag Me to Hell was the first I saw after.

As great as Up is, however, there's no experience I've had with it - not even getting misty-eyed af to the "Married Life" montage - that holds a candle to my freshman year roommate completely losing his shit laughing at the seance with the goat in Drag Me to Hell later that fall. :lol:

Seeing Drag Me to Hell on opening weekend was a treat. Everybody in the theater was losing their shit to that iconic car fight.

Just now, DAR said:

For some reason I thought it opened the same weekend as Up

Well, they both did have crazy staying power and opened a week apart from each other.

That summer was insane in retrospect. Star Trek, Up, The Hangover, and The Proposal all opening well and finishing with great multipliers during the first half of the summer. We'd be lucky to see that kind of staying power for anything today (then again, comedies are now facing the threat of becoming an endangered species at the multiplex, unfortunately).

• Like 1