Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@CJohn TVI won Saturday, boosted entirely by the Champions League finals at night. I say "entirely" because they had 18.7% daily. Last year, when RTP1 aired the Champions League finals on a Saturday, they had 16.8%. And that was with a completely floptastic daytime and post-game primetime programming. So one can only imagine how "great" the rest of TVI's programming was on Saturday.

As a matter of fact, I can already imagine how "great" it must've been, because Prisioneira, even though it was coming off of the Champions League finals, lost to Alma e Coração. Golpe de Sorte did not lose to Prisioneira after the Europa League finals (Prisioneira didn't even beat SIC's commercial break), Valor da Vida pretty much never lost to Alma e Coração coming off a big football game..... even Alma e Coração itself would lead against Valor da Vida when it had a big football game lead-in. But this huge hit of a soap managed the incredible feat to completely waste a Champions League finals lead-in. Wonderful.

And in other news, Fátima Lopes wants out of A Tarde é Sua and there's a chance that she could be out of TVI altogether if that happens. Dunno what'll happen to her if such is the case - as I said, I don't think she has space in SIC, unless they team her up with Júlia or make her a grand entertainment host only; so I imagine she would either go to RTP1 or CMTV - but yeah. Congrats, TVI. One of the greatest Portuguese hosts of all time ain't having your shit anymore. Now when have I heard this story before? OH YEAH, JUST LAST FUCKING YEAR.

EDIT: Bullet points about Saturday:

• Liverpool x Tottenham hit 13.7% rating and 35.9% share. Comparatively to last year's Real Madrid x Liverpool - which featured GOATaldo, meaning it actually had legit Portuguese investment in it - it lost 2.9% in rating and 2% share. That actually isn't half bad, tbh.
  • Despite that result, TVI still only won Saturday by 18.7%, a 1.3% share difference over SIC. A difference that SIC pretty much craps on in weekdays (even last Saturday, when both private channels sunk to sub-14% while the Porto x Sporting Taça de Portugal finals pushed RTP to an insane 24.6%, SIC still beat TVI by 1.1%; and two Saturdays ago, SIC beat TVI by 2.1%). Also only 2.1% more than RTP1 on Champions finals day last year, who was less competitive for 2nd place back then than they are now. Meaning that the rest of the day must've been disastrous.
  • Speaking of which, as I said, Prisioneira lost to Alma e Coração COMING OFF OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LEAD-IN. Alma e Coração grabbed onto the leadership the second the game's broadcast came to a close, proving that a true leading channel will actually have people grab the remote and swap out.
  • Prisioneira's only moment of leadership came when it competed against the weekly resume of The Farmer Wants A Wife, which was a fucking repeat from the Friday broadcast. The Farmer hit nearly 20% share and annihilated Like Me's midnight diary.
  • RTP1's new entertainment show, Catarina Furtado's Aqui Mandam as Crianças, held its own against the Champions League with 5.2% rating and 12.8% share. Not half bad for a show with virtually no marketing airing against a big football match. Proving yet again that RTP1 might make a case for that 2nd place one of these days.
Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn TVI won Saturday, boosted entirely by the Champions League finals at night. I say "entirely" because they had 18.7% daily. Last year, when RTP1 aired the Champions League finals on a Saturday, they had 16.8%. And that was with a completely floptastic daytime and post-game primetime programming. So one can only imagine how "great" the rest of TVI's programming was on Saturday.

As a matter of fact, I can already imagine how "great" it must've been, because Prisioneira, even though it was coming off of the Champions League finals, lost to Alma e Coração. Golpe de Sorte did not lose to Prisioneira after the Europa League finals (Prisioneira didn't even beat SIC's commercial break), Valor da Vida pretty much never lost to Alma e Coração coming off a big football game..... even Alma e Coração itself would lead against Valor da Vida when it had a big football game lead-in. But this huge hit of a soap managed the incredible feat to completely waste a Champions League finals lead-in. Wonderful.

And in other news, Fátima Lopes wants out of A Tarde é Sua and there's a chance that she could be out of TVI altogether if that happens. Dunno what'll happen to her if such is the case - as I said, I don't think she has space in SIC, unless they team her up with Júlia or make her a grand entertainment host only; so I imagine she would either go to RTP1 or CMTV - but yeah. Congrats, TVI. One of the greatest Portuguese hosts of all time ain't having your shit anymore. Now when have I heard this story before? OH YEAH, JUST LAST FUCKING YEAR.

EDIT: Bullet points about Saturday:

• Liverpool x Tottenham hit 13.7% rating and 35.9% share. Comparatively to last year's Real Madrid x Liverpool - which featured GOATaldo, meaning it actually had legit Portuguese investment in it - it lost 2.9% in rating and 2% share. That actually isn't half bad, tbh.
  • Despite that result, TVI still only won Saturday by 18.7%, a 1.3% share difference over SIC. A difference that SIC pretty much craps on in weekdays (even last Saturday, when both private channels sunk to sub-14% while the Porto x Sporting Taça de Portugal finals pushed RTP to an insane 24.6%, SIC still beat TVI by 1.1%; and two Saturdays ago, SIC beat TVI by 2.1%). Also only 2.1% more than RTP1 on Champions finals day last year, who was less competitive for 2nd place back then than they are now. Meaning that the rest of the day must've been disastrous.
  • Speaking of which, as I said, Prisioneira lost to Alma e Coração COMING OFF OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LEAD-IN. Alma e Coração grabbed onto the leadership the second the game's broadcast came to a close, proving that a true leading channel will actually have people grab the remote and swap out.
  • Prisioneira's only moment of leadership came when it competed against the weekly resume of The Farmer Wants A Wife, which was a fucking repeat from the Friday broadcast. The Farmer hit nearly 20% share and annihilated Like Me's midnight diary.
  • RTP1's new entertainment show, Catarina Furtado's Aqui Mandam as Crianças, held its own against the Champions League with 5.2% rating and 12.8% share. Not half bad for a show with virtually no marketing airing against a big football match. Proving yet again that RTP1 might make a case for that 2nd place one of these days.

TVI was obviously gonna win Saturday. Having said that, Prisioneira is a mega bomb. It will move to 11 PM as soon as they have a new soap ready to take over the 9:30 PM slot. TVI is gonna lose another big host. Hilarious. The end of TVI is near and it is happening at the speed of light.

• Like 1

"Oral sex demon" omfg I can't believe there is such stupidity in the world... And to think westerns make fun of third world countries as primitive. This is early medieval type of shit and even worse...

I LAUGHED MY ASS OFF THOUGH I WONT LIE.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

@CJohn TVI won two days in a row, hurray....ish! They took Sunday with over 20% share, against SIC's 18%. Good for them.

Obviously, as expected, the 20% derives from pretty much everything from the Mass (or Eucaristia Dominical, whatever) forward doing fine, with the channel never dipping below 20% from Jornal da Uma until late night. Jornal da Uma did lose to Primeiro Jornal, which was coming off Vida Selvagem, but then Somos Portugal held the afternoon very steady with an average of 6.4% rating and nearly 22% share. Obviously, compared to SIC, with its niche entertainment (Fama Show, the IKEA propaganda show and the films - which have competition from, like, 7 different cable channels and a heatwave that is leading the usual cinema-friendly audience out of their households), it has an advantage, which actually makes SIC's daily result pretty impressive, in all honesty; but it doesn't change the fact that Somos Portugal is one of the very few shining bright spots in these dark times for TVI.

The other of those bright spots is good ol' RAP. Gente Que Não Sabe Estar hit 13.3% and 31% share last night. RAP is still a monster, even after the European elections.

With that being said, holy fuck, Your Face Sounds Familiar is the latest in a long line of TVI 2019 mega bombs. It did 8.3% rating and 22% share, the lowest result ever for the show. Its highest peak was literally in its 1st minute, as it started right after RAP concluded...... and it dropped like an asteroid right after. The Farmer Wants A Wife Season 2 premiered with 10.3% rating and 24.3% share on LIVE alone (not accounting for VOSDAL, while YFSF's result already accounts VOSDAL).

And, to the surprise of absofuckinglutely no one, they have already cancelled the 7PM Like Me diary and stretched A Tarde é Sua to 8PM. Oh, what a shock. All it took was 12% share from Fátima for that incredible change to happen. The midnight diary remains untouched, but it will start later than usual tonight, as TVI has booked a double episode of A Teia to face the premiere of the new Globo soap A Dona do Pedaço. written by the guy that brought us O Outro Lado do Paraíso.... y'know, the SIC soap that was pulling 6.5/7% ratings at midnight just last year while the rest of SIC's programming was in dire straits. They're also saying that they are preparing a revolution for September, with new, fresh faces and new, fresh projects being brought along, as well as huge changes possibly coming at the mornings and noons. Lord knows they need that revolution to pay off half decently for them.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It’s weird finding out hail is something strange in Washington DC. Hail is quite common here. 

I made it inside like 10 minutes before it started. Lucky me, because I didn't have my umbrella on me

4 hours ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

Movie'▪️▪️ o▪️v▪️er ▪️ now▪️

hqdefault.jpg

if Fast and Furious (2001) inspired better behavior,

would JP3 maybe have had an extra 30 min throws at the ending?

for any trackers back then, that ended movies with JP3.  whatever kids were growing with dinosaurs and faces...  whatever movies were growing.   You could tell from the first 2 minutes of Attack of the Clones w/ the fog and how the ships looked worse from TPM from the fog

Edited by Slave Animal Rights