Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Family friend is visiting and tells me "I loved Spider-Verse, I saw it on Netflix, I never knew an animated movie could be so good!"

...didn't tell them I'm planning to work in the animation industry...

tenor.gif

aww. Shit sucks. Even though WDAS, Pixar and Illumination make tons of money for their owners, they don't get any respect.

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Goddamn it. HBO, Kelley, and Vallee were complete dicks in the scenario.

People gotta start the #ReleaseTheArnoldCut petition now

Just read about this, that's too bad. I've been liking Season 2 a lot (even if it can't compare to the first) but one thing I've noticed is how short the episodes are. Guess we now know why.

10 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I understand this isn't the place to say things like this but I have no where else to turn.

9 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I'm sorry for wasting your time. I'll just check myself into the local mental place. 

is it any worse?

i'd recommend drying out completely and continuously try to make things go your way.  go to the movies and the mall alot by yourself, make sure the power is yours for job applications

On my summer tv "finally get to it" list, I finally binged Daredevil Season 3 over the last 2 weeks...and now I'm so pissed there won't be a season 4!!  That was EASILY the best done Netflix Disney supers show from episode 1 to 13 with no letdown.  I could watch the whole season again and again....aaaaaaahhhhh!  Well, at least I got a season 3 before it all fell apart:)...

20 minutes ago, 2010sPainkillerDealerRace said:

is it any worse?

Right now I'm okay. Sometimes when I feel suicidal I like to read stories of near death experiences. Most of them talk about feeling "God's unconditional love" and it makes me cry. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I believe in God but I would love to feel loved like that. 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

10 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Right now I'm okay. Sometimes when I feel suicidal I like to read stories of near death experiences. Most of them talk about feeling "God's unconditional love" and it makes me cry. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I believe in God but I would love to feel loved like that. 

are the suicidal thoughts for feeling tied down?

between now and 20 grand in the future, you should probably pretend you own a gun and learn how not to use it. 

you said you feel 'suicidal'.  is that supposed to be a feeling you get like you want to flatline, or do you feel suicidal from deprivation?

31 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

LLR, i say this sincerely.  You are not alone out there no matter how much it might feel like it at times.  And while I'm not remotely qualified to help you when you're feeling like this, there are phone lines and websites you can visit to help.  Just to have people to listen to your problems or to listen to advice from others.

A couple of suicide prevention hotlines are:

1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

I don't have personal experience with either of these (or suicidal thoughts in general) but I have seen these on recommended lists.  There are also suicide prevention websites out there who can help you out and just be there for you if/when you need them.  This is the top hit on Google for that.  Check some of them out and see what seems good for you.

Again, no matter how much it might seem like it, you're not alone.  You really aren't.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Just read about this, that's too bad. I've been liking Season 2 a lot (even if it can't compare to the first) but one thing I've noticed is how short the episodes are. Guess we now know why.

When I get back from out of town tomorrow.  I finally plan on catching up. It has to be almost done

9 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Can you talk to your doctor? You can get referred to a psychologist or psychiatrist that you can talk to. That’s typically the longer route, but if you are having suicidal thoughts right now, or they’ve become frequent enough to the point you feel you might do something to harm yourself, you should call 911 now and go to your nearest ER. You’ll get to talk to someone, usually a psychiatrist or social worker, who can assess you for safety, help you develop a safety plan you can use when you have similar thoughts in the future, or admit you for safety and monitoring.

It sounds like you’ve been dealing with this for a while and haven’t been receiving support you need. I’d recommend going to the hospital or if you don’t feel comfortable with that, talking to your PCP. You can also get connected with a social worker who can help provide housing and employment options. Stay safe and keep us updated on what you decide to do. 

45 minutes ago, Porthos said:

LLR, i say this sincerely.  You are not alone out there no matter how much it might feel like it at times.  And while I'm not remotely qualified to help you when you're feeling like this, there are phone lines and websites you can visit to help.  Just to have people to listen to your problems or to listen to advice from others.

A couple of suicide prevention hotlines are:

1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

I don't have personal experience with either of these (or suicidal thoughts in general) but I have seen these on recommended lists.  There are also suicide prevention websites out there who can help you out and just be there for you if/when you need them.  This is the top hit on Google for that.  Check some of them out and see what seems good for you.

Again, no matter how much it might seem like it, you're not alone.  You really aren't.

"The Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good."

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

Actually yes

Yeah, I figure the Giants and Brewers might make a likely trading partner.  I personally am hoping someone wants both MadBum and Will Smith to fetch a slightly better overall package.

Be kinda funny if Will Smith was traded back to y'alls though. :)

• Like 1