Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

If I was them I wouldn’t touch that with a ten-foot pole. Mark was LARRY KARMER in The Normal Heart; and while he perfectly captured Larry’s angst and anger, someone could easily pull out receipts on that project. And Evans knows the stay in his line.

Moreover, this is a pattern with her. She clearly has no intention of “seeing the light” or “finding an new and enlightened position”. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

If I was them I wouldn’t touch that with a ten-foot pole. Mark was LARRY KARMER in The Normal Heart; and while he perfectly captured Larry’s angst and anger, someone could easily pull out receipts on that project. And Evans knows the stay in his line.

Moreover, this is a pattern with her. She clearly has no intention of “seeing the light” or “finding an new and enlightened position”. 

Oh no. They 100% should not get involved. I always find it funny when celebs stick their noses in situations like this when it does not concern them and this most definitely does not concern them because it almost ALWAYS turns into a PR nightmare for them. 

I just see a Mariah gif included in a tweet and I have to like it or share it :Gaga:

• Like 3

Black Widow could have the biggest disaster of a PR tour ever and it's still gonna be the highest grossing film that summer. I guess she's got immunity with saying dumb shit since her career is teflon. 

• Like 1

This ScarJo thing is the funniest celebrity-related story since Constance Wu's Twitter meltdown. She's a mess lol. I always mainly associate her with my friend's story of seeing her on South Beach years and years ago right before she was married to Ryan Reynolds trying to run and hide from the paparazzi who were running after her yelling "SCARLETT!" Even made a joke out of it a few years ago when there was a standee for The Jungle Book at the theater and I sent him a pic of her snake character with the caption "we went your picture Scarlett!" underneath and he laughed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

I wonder if it'll hurt ScarJo's Oscar chances? Feels like an easy supporting actress win for Jojo Rabbit

After Green Book won Best Picture despite the entire Internet doing everything they could throughout this past awards season to take it down, I wouldn't rule out anything.

• Haha 2

LMAO! L! M! A! O! I mean, of course most people have a problem with what ScarJo said. Of course.

If a trans actor said he/she (wait, which would it be??) should be able to play anyone they want, nobody would have a problem with that, right? There's literally nothing wrong with what Scarlett said. Nothing at all. People just want to be outraged though. It's like the news I saw today that the one movie theatre in Salmon Arm, BC had to cancel its screenings of Unplanned because the staff got death threats. Like, WOW!

anyone got parents who are too cheap for their 33 year old live at home kids and even if they have money, they value homelessness and poverty

anyone else think kids held under tight rich financial parents are just slaves?  why would parents (born in the 50s) continue to support each other with slavery?  especially the group here in Orange that is likely responsible for Bush cheating and other infamous influences because of WW2, and other wars.

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I've just started watching (probably ultimately going to be hate-watching) the McConaughey-Hathaway joint Serenity. Should be fun.

Godspeed. It's actually terrible in a boring way aside from a couple of instances of utterly baffling writing choices. 

Just read about the re-litigation of the Scarlett Johansson Wants to Play a Trans Man Saga, and after trying to type out some semblance of the many, many, many thoughts I have about it, I just sighed and called it a day.

My shortened, brutally honest opinion? If she feels so passionate about this project and its artistic merit, stay on in another role and/or a major behind-the-camera capacity and use her clout to get the movie off the ground with a trans actor in the role. They're out there, and Johansson's involvement in a significant capacity could be enough to get the project off the ground even with an unknown lead. As is, this whole situation reads like she just wants to play a baity role without having to bear any responsibility for the implications her decision carries for continuing to shut a marginalized community out of representing itself on screen (a problem that's actually even further exacerbated by the fact that trans-masculine people tend to be even less visible than trans-feminine people, even within the trans community).

• Like 1

Lol, I am 100% sure BW over 400m+ Domestic. 

Scar Jo is going to get lots of support from the same group that supported Alita and thrashed Captain Marvel 😜😜😜

You all remember Brie lost Disney 100m videos all over the Internet.