Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, MrPink said:

Funny enough, it was pretty garbage right until the Greinke deal got announced...13 minutes after it ended.

I wanted to cry after the announcement but I was on the public train so... :kitschjob:

I hear ya there. That's the irony: trade deadlines can be damn disappointing too. I don't know if anyone else follows hockey here but James Duthie has hosted the trade deadline show on TSN for years now and there's a running joke at this point about how he pleads with GM's to save trades for the deadline because he can't bare to host another empty show. 

I remember it used to be it was worth getting up at 6 in the morning for the deadline because fairly significant trades would be going down right away. Not anymore. Pretty much nothing happens for hours to start and then the ones that begin to trickle in are minor trades. It's funny watching panels do a big discussion and analysis on these small moves to try to kill time haha!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Your feelings are valid!  Embrace them!  Don't buy into The Prison of Toxic Masculinity! Free yourself!  Cry away!  We support you! :)

source.gif

It's so beautiful...

I can't believe we acquired this pitcher. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

lololollllllllllll

I'm surprised that (warning: slight Midsommar spoilers):

Spoiler

the sex scene (among the weirdest ever in a movie but still) is what made them run out of the theater but not the horrific double suicide scene long before that which was enough to make me flinch and I don't flinch easily.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lololollllllllllll

I'm surprised that (warning: slight Midsommar spoilers):

Hide contents

the sex scene (among the weirdest ever in a movie but still) is what made them run out of the theater but not the horrific double suicide scene long before that which was enough to make me flinch and I don't flinch easily.

No kidding huh. As I said, what possesses someone to take their young kid to Midsommar???

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

LMAO!

But seriously, who is taking their kid to Midsommar anyway? Like, really people?

My friend used to work at a video game store, and the amount of times parents would come in and give their elementary-aged child whatever M-rated game they want were too many for him to count. It's probably the same thing here.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

My friend used to work at a video game store, and the amount of times parents would come in and give their elementary-aged child whatever M-rated game they want were too many for him to count. It's probably the same thing here.

I heard of someone who took their 10 year old to Team America World Police and the kid laughed at the sex scene.

Although when I was 10 I was reading Roger Ebert's review of Team America World Police.

Edited by cannastop

Ugh, my parents were TOO strict with me when it came to movies though.

No joke, when I was 12 me and a friend wanted to go see Ghost Ship. My mom went to drop us off and when she saw the rating she turned us around and we went back home. My friend was looking at me like "Dude, what the fuck?".

Humiliation.

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ugh, my parents were TOO strict with me when it came to movies though.

No joke, when I was 12 me and a friend wanted to go see Ghost Ship. My mom went to drop us off and when she saw the rating she turned us around and we went back home. My friend was looking at me like "Dude, what the fuck?".

Humiliation.

Uh that's an R rated movie. My parents wouldn't let me see any R rated movie I wanted to when I was 12. They did let me see The Godfather and The Silence of the Lambs, but not Taxi Driver, for some reason.

Oh wait you're Canadian. What was it in Canada? Your province?

Edited by cannastop

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Uh that's an R rated movie. My parents wouldn't let me see any R rated movie I wanted to when I was 12. They did let me see The Godfather and The Silence of the Lambs, but not Taxi Driver, for some reason.

Oh wait you're Canadian. What was it in Canada? Your province?

Yes it was. I was in BC. I don't recall the rating. Was it really rated R?? Maybe I'm mis-remembering how scary the movie actually was.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't know. I have never heard of this movie before.

Just looked it up. Huh. It was 18A in BC. Guess my mom had a point. Still, it felt very uncool at the time haha.

• Haha 1