Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Is here someone who uses apple devises and and a pc?

I have no experience at all with apple beside using itunes since recently on a windows notebook.

Ipad pro 12.9" (used, not the actual generation) = something good for surfing, audio-books, movies, TV-series and such?

It seems to be small (I am used to bigger laptops), but offering a rather clear picture

Someone I know (not nearby) offered me a used one that seems to be rather very cheap in comparison to the ebay offers for a used one with the same abilities.

Need something stable that wont run so hot like my old notebook does even if only reading/writing here at BOT. As I nowadays rather often sleep at work, something to watch movies or TV-series would be nice -  for that the size/weight looks like to be a plus. = that detail means using it in bed. Cooling a problem?

Also ibooks seems possible (ibooks is the only itunes thing that wont work on a pc it seems, at least in my country).

I actually do not know anyone nearby who owns an ipad.

Allows their OS something like ccleaner?

Is it secure in the meaning of see why I never would buy anything with windows 10 on it, as they 'ask' for too much in my POV.

I am aware its not a full computer, what can it not do that would be typical for a notebook?

Any help would be appreciated

First there was the obsession with Tom Holland's sexuality (a lot of people think Holland is a closeted homosexual and Disney is covering it up which makes no sense at all) and now a lot of people are bringing Madden into this crap. Madden's sexuality reveal being used as a marketing strategy for a comic book film made by one of the biggest media corporations is depressing as hell and I find it odd that people are wishing for something like that. I'm not sure if Madden is gay (or bi which is something that is left out in conversations like these) but spreading shitty rumors like this does not help the LGBTQ community. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

First there was the obsession with Tom Holland's sexuality (a lot of people think Holland is a closeted homosexual and Disney is covering it up which makes no sense at all) and now a lot of people are bringing Madden into this crap. Madden's sexuality reveal being used as a marketing strategy for a comic book film made by one of the biggest media corporations is depressing as hell and I find it odd that people are wishing for something like that. I'm not sure if Madden is gay (or bi which is something that is left out in conversations like these) but spreading shitty rumors like this does not help the LGBTQ community. 

I believe there are paparazzi photos of him kissing a man on a date. Sadly its difficult for actors to keep their life private. definitely an ongoing media thing of outing Richard Madden 

It would indeed line up with the rumours from some time ago that Marvel was looking to cast a gay actor as the gay Eternal.

Edited by Avatree

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Is here someone who uses apple devises and and a pc?

I have no experience at all with apple beside using itunes since recently on a windows notebook.

Ipad pro 12.9" (used, not the actual generation) = something good for surfing, audio-books, movies, TV-series and such?

It seems to be small (I am used to bigger laptops), but offering a rather clear picture

Someone I know (not nearby) offered me a used one that seems to be rather very cheap in comparison to the ebay offers for a used one with the same abilities.

Need something stable that wont run so hot like my old notebook does even if only reading/writing here at BOT. As I nowadays rather often sleep at work, something to watch movies or TV-series would be nice -  for that the size/weight looks like to be a plus. = that detail means using it in bed. Cooling a problem?

Also ibooks seems possible (ibooks is the only itunes thing that wont work on a pc it seems, at least in my country).

I actually do not know anyone nearby who owns an ipad.

Allows their OS something like ccleaner?

Is it secure in the meaning of see why I never would buy anything with windows 10 on it, as they 'ask' for too much in my POV.

I am aware its not a full computer, what can it not do that would be typical for a notebook?

Any help would be appreciated

Have you ever had an iphone/ipad?

I've not got an ipad but it runs on iOS just as an iphone, and I use an iphone and PC. 

In my opinion it is down to input method. an ipad is suitable for things that are built to use its features, i.e. touch based apps like music and videos.

ios is very capable but for anything based on text entry (writing documents, spreadsheets, web browsing), or precision (e.g. photo editing) I personally think a PC or laptop is much easier. 

Apple is restrictive with what you can download from App Store. if an app isn't in the app store you probably can't get it - some programs do offer direct downloads but not many (this is more common on Android devices). 

For your example, CCleaner isn't on ipad but it is on android. I assume there are similar apps on iphone.

I have a tablet and a PC, I could live without my tablet but I could not live without my PC.

For basic use they are fine but I still prefer a PC where you can download whatever you choose and arent told what to do by Apple.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Have you ever had an iphone/ipad?

I have a tablet and a PC, I could live without my tablet but I could not live without my PC.

For basic use they are fine but I still prefer a PC where you can download whatever you choose and arent told what to do by Apple.

I never had anything from Apple beside, as said, since recently itunes, and in the past one of my software demanded a quicktime installed. I even never had an iphone,... in my hands

(Also never anything connected with google/android (and wont ever buy anything like that))

Mobiles are an old blackberry (not in use for the moment), and actual in use an old-ish Windows Lumia that works perfectly fine for me. I usually do not use it to surf (only for trying out sometimes), nor for emails and such with a mobile. Here in Germany its in my POV too expensive and slow, especially as I am living in countryside region, at a few places without connections.

I still will have my notebooks at home and at work, plus a workstation tower I use as needed.

Thanks you for the hints, I'll try to find out were I can find out more about the apps available in Germany for an ipad pro. Location seems to be a restriction for that too.

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I never had anything from Apple beside, as said, since recently itunes, and in the past one of my software demanded a quicktime installed. I even never had an iphone,... in my hands

(Also never anything connected with google/android (and wont ever buy anything like that))

Mobiles are an old blackberry (not in use for the moment), and actual in use an old-ish Windows Lumia that works perfectly fine for me. I usually do not use it to surf (only for trying out sometimes), nor for emails and such with a mobile. Here in Germany its in my POV too expensive and slow, especially as I am living in countryside region, at a few places without connections.

I still will have my notebooks at home and at work, plus a workstation tower I use as needed.

Thanks you for the hints, I'll try to find out were I can find out more about the apps available in Germany for an ipad pro. Location seems to be a restriction for that too.

Oh right, if it isn't your main computer then yeah go for it. If you just want to have something handheld for leisure use, they are nice. a newish ipad will run nice and smoothly. Also nice thing with IOS it's difficult to clutter up your device, they last a long time.

If it's super cheap that might be concern but the ipad itself, i'd say yes theres nothing wrong with an ipad.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CJohn said:

TV shows in America sometimes do that on season 2? Ratings just fall harder because nobody new comes in and the people who were watching before won't continue with the show. See Fear the Walking Dead's ratings tanking after they killed Kim Dickens' character and rebooted the show with Morgan from the main show as the lead.

First Dates has zero cost attached. It is a 10% share free of any budget. It is the best case scenario right now. This is TVI right now.

Edit: 7.8% share on Monday. The more TVI switches shows at 7 PM the lower it goes. They will come up with something else next week for that slot. Filipa Garnel won't last.

I am still in "but why" mode. I can't. I am sorry. I don't even know how it will work as a soap's intro song. 

Yeah, and if in America it doesn't work, it won't work here either. They're still stuck in 2015 when they radically changed the Jardins Proibidos sequel/revival/whatever to look completely different than what it was at the start and it actually worked. They forgot that A Única Mulher, one of the biggest hits of the decade, was killed by overdragging and overchanging.

First Dates bombing as badly as it did is something I didn't see coming. I agreed with you, I thought it was gonna stay in the 10% range. When your share is about on par with the majority of ratings for The Farmer Wants A Wife and The Price Is Right, that is woeful. Though I've heard that it wasn't a Felipa Garnel decision, but whomever made that decision better not be on power anymore (or for too long).

Speaking of Farmer, forget the "it's bombing" talk we were having. It's still a fucking unstoppable monster. Yeah, it may be starting to enter flop territory on Sunday nights, but it's still a behemoth at 7PM. 8.8% rating and more than 23% share in a late July afternoon. After nearly 5 months on air. Crazy numbers. Nearly as big as Your Face Sounds Familiar's finale and this past Sunday night's episode in rating, and bigger than both in share. Madness. It's the phenomenon of the year (barring O Programa da Cristina, of course).

Amar Depois de Amar is also doing shockingly well for expectations, hitting 10.1% rating on Monday (though still far from Golpe de Sorte, which hit 12%). While one could still call it a flop as it doesn't crack 10% all the time for a 9PM TVI product AND it loses to Alma e Coração brutally often, it is still nowhere near the flop it was expected to be and a decent face saving after Prisioneira.

As for Ricky Martin.... well, I dunno, TVI likes to do that a lot now. They used Despacito, they used Virgul, Blaya.... they even bought Believer by Imagine Dragons for A Teia, which must've been 50% of the soundtrack's budget. This would be ridiculous, though.

7 hours ago, Avatree said:

Oh right, if it isn't your main computer then yeah go for it. If you just want to have something handheld for leisure use, they are nice. a newish ipad will run nice and smoothly. Also nice thing with IOS it's difficult to clutter up your device, they last a long time.

If it's super cheap that might be concern but the ipad itself, i'd say yes theres nothing wrong with an ipad.

I use my iPad exclusively and I do have a computer that I dust off every few months.  iPad makes it really easy to forego a computer.

• Thanks 1

I'll do a solid and return the favor.  Drew Pomeranz is Drew Pomeranz, but he's been pretty effective since being sent to the bullpen.  But small sample size is VERY small, however. 

Ray Black has an electric arm, but a looooooong history of injuries.  Also a bit of trouble on command.  But if he stays healthy (big if) and if he can refine his stuff, could be a lights out member of a bullpen.

• Like 1

Oh wow, local kid (born in Honduras but attended high school in Sac Town).  Also the #3 prospect in the Brewers system?

Probably gets plugged in a 2B immediately, maybe.  

Don't want to say this a steal, but I do like this on first blush from the Giants perspective (still catching up - as I was out for a while).

Edited by Porthos

57 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@DAR Tell me why I should irrationally hate/love Mauricio Dubon.

Thanks in advance. 👍

I will disappoint you a bit,  I haven't really followed him.   But this will apply to every shortstop in our farm system since Robin Yount

He has range out the wazoo and if he can hit, watch out.

But he could be a work in progress

• Haha 1

LOOOOOLL Giants are trading Melancon to the Braves, it looks like.

He's actually been much better lately, but that contract had made fans pissed the eff out at him.

Can be a bit inconsistant, so like many a reliever.  But he does have a track record and contract aside (and I am SURE the Giants are paying money down) should add quite a bit to the Braves bullpen.

Giants fans will be really happy though, no matter who they get back.