Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well hey IronJimbo hasn't been gone that long. And I guess banning two people does a lot.

Also the Avatar 2 thread is in On the Lot, so look for it there.

Oh...it DID get moved there. I didn't know.

30 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Is it just a coincidence that the Jim gang is dead silent now? I haven't seen the Avatar 2 thread on the first page in awhile now. @IronJimbo seems to have gone AWOL. It's like the gang revolved around JCS and his alts. Now there literally is no Jim gang.

the avatar thread was moved to on the lot but even then the double whammy of avatar losing the only thing it had and JCS getting canceled turned out to be a powerful sedative on the cameron crew and their alts with way less activity over there

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I used to watch that video a disturbingly large number of times when it was in heavy rotation on MTV and VH1. :ph34r:

It's a great video! Kylie has a lovely... voice!

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 1

@CJohn Your Face Sounds Familiar's finale beat The Farmer Wants A Wife in share this past Sunday and only lost in rating by a little bit. The Price Is Right was competing against both, which probably hurt Farmer, as well as the fact that Farmer has officially run out of gas. Ever since Comedy On The Edge premiered, it has outdone every Sunday episode of Farmer. That, to me, is proof of fatigue.

Luckily (for SIC and for everyone), The Farmer is coming to an end sometime in the next couple of weeks to leave space for the new Manzarra show where he grants kids wishes on Sunday night, as well as Win Your Wish List with Cristina at 7PM. It isn't coming back until 2020. Unfortunately, Married At First Sight is still coming in September, so the dating show fad ain't going anywhere.

With that being said, SIC is so dominant that nothing will stop them. Even with a weakened Farmer that went sub-20% share (YFSF went over 20%), SIC tied with TVI on Sunday in late July, and Sunday is still their biggest Achilles heel. That is impressive. Plus, Farmer is still holding on at the #1 position despite being on air for 5 uninterrupted months and after 11 months of dating shows. That is even more impressive. Meanwhile, YFSF's result, while an improvement over the results of previous TVI bombs like Stripped and Who Wants To Marry My Son, as well as a decent result for this season's standards, is still Godawful for a show that was hitting more in rating than this season has in share. Barely over 21% in share and less than 9% in rating for the final episode is atrocious.

TVI has, to their credit, responded to the beginning of Nazaré's marketing campaign by kicking off the marketing campaign of their own new soap, Vida Louca (yes, that's the fucking title :rofl:). To its credit, it's written by Rui Vilhena - the Ninguém como Tu and Tempo de Viver guy - and has an all-star cast. But it sounds way too anti-commercial compared to Nazaré.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, I thought of saying that The Irishman will premiere in NYFF (perfect place for a film like this to premiere) when we were talking about it in the Weekend Thread but then I realized Wolf of Wall Street didn't so I changed my mind.

Best Picture, Director, Actor and supporting Actor just got a lot more competitive.

Also, y'all dunk on Netflix but let me know when your fave drops $200m on a Scorsese gangster flick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Best Picture, Director, Actor and supporting Actor just got a lot more competitive.

Also, y'all dunk on Netflix but let me know when your fave drops $200m on a Scorsese gangster flick.

Netflix is the only place stupid enough to do that.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Netflix is the only place stupid enough to do that.

Netflix sees its biggest uptick in subs ever the weekend Irishman launches. Goes onto win Best Picture.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

The movie went from 0% chance of winning Best Picture to more than 50% (no movie that premiered after early October has won Best Picture since Million Dollar Baby).

Edited by lorddemaxus

Netflix is releasing Uncut Gems internationally too. Marriage Story, Uncut Gems (for most of the world), and The Irishman? Maybe the future of film is streaming...

edit: Next Fincher film too!!

Edited by TMP

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

The movie went from 0% chance of winning Best Picture to more than 50% (no movie that premiered after early October has won Best Picture since Million Dollar Baby).

Huh. I guess that's true. Lots of film festivals. Million Dollar Baby really came out of nowhere, didn't it? Had famous and acclaimed actors and Clint Eastwood for a director though, so maybe it didn't need a festival date.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Netflix is releasing Uncut Gems internationally too. Marriage Story, Uncut Gems (for most of the world), and The Irishman? Maybe the future of film is streaming...

Yikes and you're happy about this? Not being able to see good movies in the theater?

Just now, cannastop said:

Yikes and you're happy about this? Not being able to see good movies in the theater?

No-one else is financing these movies though. I'd love to see them in cinemas, and I'm gonna try to see The Irishman theatrically for sure, but they're sadly the only big studio taking risks these days. I guess Sony and WB too, but only on projects from directors they trust like Tarantino and Nolan.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

They also have that Ron Howard movie with Amy Adams and Glenn Close too.

• Astonished 1