Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Well fuck. It's been 4 months since caught speeding and just got the letter of prosecution today. Thought I had got away with it...

On the plus side it was only 3 points on my licence (expected 6 due to the speed)

So I just watched the first narrative feature film directed by a faculty member at my college! And the crew was all college alumni! It's called Don't Know Yet, and it's about a man who picks up hitchhikers to find meaning in his life!

p10789199_v_v8_aa.jpg

I just watched the film today and I thought it was a pretty decent effort. I overheard another student compare it to The Room when walking out of the screening, and I do admit that the comparison is warranted in the sense that this film is "so bad it's good" in more than a few places, but it would mean a lot if anyone reading this decided to watch it! It's available on Google Play for a $2.99 rental!

Plus, this film cast a POC (James Kyson) as its main protagonist way before that became a trend!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Dude. Cara Del is mine.

She belongs to me.

Get your hands off.

Hide contents

Also what programme/episode is this?

Thanks in advance.

The new event TV show of Amazon Prime, Carnival Row.

crny_s1_00805_pr_1280x720_rfinry_disappr

• Like 1

so I watched the direct-to-video of the biggest franchises from 2018, 

and were they supposed to be that bad?  I got them behind even the most boring of the 2018 films..

how did the end up this way?  I think it was intentional.  Were they made for kids?

68 - Tremors
68 - Hellraiser
67 - Deep Blue Sea
64 - Escape Plan
64 - Demon House
63 - Puppet master

4 minutes ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

so I watched the direct-to-video of the biggest franchises from 2018, 

and were they supposed to be that bad?  I got them behind even the most boring of the 2018 films..

how did the end up this way?  I think it was intentional.  Were they made for kids?

68 - Tremors
68 - Hellraiser
67 - Deep Blue Sea
64 - Escape Plan
64 - Demon House
63 - Puppet master

I don't think any of those were actually direct to video. In terms of your reaction: different strokes for different folks?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I don't think any of those were actually direct to video. In terms of your reaction: different strokes for different folks?

well they were the biggest franchises of 2018 that were hidden from theaters.  maybe they just were not theater quality?  other than getting a stroke, there is a lot of technical reasons why I held the grades down the way I did.

1 minute ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

well they were the biggest franchises of 2018 that were hidden from theaters.  maybe they just were not theater quality?  other than getting a stroke, there is a lot of technical reasons why I held the grades down the way I did.

My misunderstanding -- I thought you were watching the originals and comparing them to other 2018 releases. Yeah, you're right, they were all straight-to-video and likely fairly bad (I assume).

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

My misunderstanding -- I thought you were watching the originals and comparing them to other 2018 releases. Yeah, you're right, they were all straight-to-video and likely fairly bad (I assume).

I was disappointed with how bad they were.  It seemed intentional.  Like they were made for kids.  But they put in the 2018 effort.  

I'm not saying i'm grading all these movies ^^ on what I think their worth is, or telling people what they are worth

• Like 1

Finally saw the Chappelle comedy  show on Netflix that some people are making a big deal about.  

I thought it was pretty funny.  Ironically, I  never would have even known it existed if it wasn't for the complaints 😛

• Like 1