Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's still a Ryan Murphy Hollywood love letter that will still get a ton of attention because of that so I wouldn't rule out Parsons (who already has a ton of industry respectability - he won 4 Emmys for The Big Bang Theory, after all) still taking it in what sounds like easily the loudest role of anyone in that category. Turturro getting nominated would probably be his reward since the last time a David Simon project received any acting nominations at all was...1998. Tim Blake Nelson is great and all but I don't see it, although if anyone from Watchmen is taking home an acting Emmy it's him (Blanchett is locked for Lead Actress).

Most of the good stuff I'm hearing about the show is about Parsons.

Edited by lorddemaxus

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Most of the good stuff I'm hearing about the show is about Parsons.

I saw someone compare his performance to a foul-mouthed Sheldon Cooper :lol:. Overall it seems like the more respected actors are getting better notices than the young up-and-comers the show is really about (Lead Actor probably just opened up a bit).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

OMFG, The Last of Us 2 spoilers already got leaked onto the internet. The game's still 1.5 months away. How did it's story already get leaked?

Edit: It's even worse, cutscenes from the game got leaked.

Yeah, this is kind of old news at this point lol. They pushed the game up to June only because of the huge, massive leak from a disgruntled Naughty Dog employee. The entire games leaked with a lot of cut scenes and gameplay

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, this is kind of old news at this point lol. They pushed the game up to June only because of the huge, massive leak from a disgruntled Naughty Dog employee. The entire games leaked with a lot of cut scenes and gameplay

I knew the game got a June release date but didn't know this was the reason why. This is my most anticipated game in a long time (first game I've pre-ordered since Far Cry 4 and GTA 5 six years ago but I guess I need to do that again) so I'm just gonna try to avoid spoilers for this as much as possible.

Edited by lorddemaxus

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

universal is distributing No Time to Die here. and skyfall was the highest grossing film of all-time in the UK for a little while so errr... good luck with this!

Tomorrow, Universal's gonna step out and say "jk, we're not doing that Trolls shiz anymore". Cineworld's also mentioning they're not fans of this stuff

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Pressing games to disc and getting it out to retailers and such isn't exactly a decision made less than 24 hours after a leak, there's a lot of logistics to work out...it did probably push up their announcement though. Unless of course physical stock is just non-existent come June 19th.

The disgruntled employee thing also isn't verified at all either. 

Edited by MrPink

The bad reviews for Hollywood remind me that Netflix also struck a multi-hundred million dollar deal with D&D that was made before the final season of Game of Thrones aired and made them the Internet's favorite whipping boys. God only knows what that contract has in store if Murphy's first projects under his massive Netflix deal have yielded some of the worst notices of his career.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The bad reviews for Hollywood remind me that Netflix also struck a multi-hundred million dollar deal with D&D that was made before the final season of Game of Thrones aired and made them the Internet's favorite whipping boys. God only knows what that contract has in store if Murphy's first projects under his massive Netflix deal have yielded some of the worst notices of his career.

the kenya barris show that premiered a week or two ago got pretty lousy reviews as well and they spent a shit load for his Netflix deal too. what's next, they gonna buy noah hawley?

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the kenya barris show that premiered a week or two ago got pretty lousy reviews as well and they spent a shit load for his Netflix deal too. what's next, they gonna buy noah hawley?

They also have that big Shonda Rhimes deal as well but none of her projects have premiered yet. We'll see if that works out but it would be ironic if moving to the creative freedom of streaming is where these big name showrunners start producing projects no one cares about.

13 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

those mixed reviews for Hollywood are disappointing but I'll still prolly watch it for SW.

on the other hand Chazelle's The Eddy is getting slightly better reviews :rock:

Capture.PNG

It was pretty clear from the trailer that Hollywood would be way too self-indulgent to get good reviews.

I don't mean that as a criticism though. Only reason I'm excited for this show is because of how self-indulgent it looked.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

Winter is coming. It’s still not known as to whether or not we’ll have a ski season this year. Right now we can’t even go to our lodge for the pre season working bee. The season would normally start 6th June but it’s looking like June will be a write off.