Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

34 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Sir, I applaud you reading the series, but your list is wrong. :lol: 

(4, 3, 1, 2)

Nah man, I love the original's Old West setting.

Also, I don't think King is good enough a writer to write these 500, 600-page novels. He is great at creating character and story, but the writing itself is not on par with the likes of Dan Simmons, Clive Barker or Laird Barron. Imagine Lord of the Rings directed by Peter Berg or something.

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 1

Finished Westworld S2 episode 7, the Dolores and Bernard nonsense has not gotten better.  Hopefully that was the worst of it and we get back to the good stuff soon.

Edited by The Panda
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Nah man, I love the original's Old West setting.

Also, I don't think King is good enough a writer to write these 500, 600-page novels. He is great at creating character and story, but the writing itself is not on par with the likes of Dan Simmons, Clive Barker or Laird Barron. Imagine Lord of the Rings directed by Peter Berg or something.

The first line is an all-timer, of course. And the setting is wonderful. I think it loses a bit of steam towards the end (maybe especially after he went back and edited it to better fit into the overall saga?), and I love the intensity and the opening-up of the universe in Books 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Sir, I applaud you reading the series, but your list is wrong. :lol: 

(4, 3, 1, 2)

Wait since when do you like the 4th one more than the others? I remember when I said I really liked it you grouched about the flashback narrative

15 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The first line is an all-timer, of course. And the setting is wonderful. I think it loses a bit of steam towards the end (maybe especially after he went back and edited it to better fit into the overall saga?), and I love the intensity and the opening-up of the universe in Books 2 and 3. 

Yeah, I read the revised version of The Gunslinger.

Was the Man in Black and Randall Flagg always supposed to be the same person, or was that something King retconned in order for TDT to share the same universe as The Stand?

28 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yeah, I read the revised version of The Gunslinger.

Was the Man in Black and Randall Flagg always supposed to be the same person, or was that something King retconned in order for TDT to share the same universe as The Stand?

As far as I know, the Man in Black was entirely different originally — The Gunslinger was written way before The Stand. 

All the ret-conning makes sense once you get into the next couple of books. 😂

• Like 2

I've watched an incredible amount of movies while in quarantine, it's honestly just sad. Most recently I saw Hal Ashby's Shampoo with Warren Beatty, a pretty funny movie about being a boomer piece of shit and getting your dick sucked nonstop.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I've watched an incredible amount of movies while in quarantine, it's honestly just sad. Most recently I saw Hal Ashby's Shampoo with Warren Beatty, a pretty funny movie about being a boomer piece of shit and getting your dick sucked nonstop.

Hello

2 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:

Hey there. 

2 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:

:ohmygod: