Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

great (long) read about josh trank and the whole fant4stic business. 

but also i'm not getting my hopes up about his Capone movie.

uh-huh.

You mean to tell me even StarzPlay, which currently has a TV show about Batman's butler, didn't want this movie?

south korea's first space blockbuster, looks pretty hype.  the girl from the handmaiden is co-starring in it so that's a plus. though I don't know anything about the director so I'd still be wary.

with this and the train to busan sequel/spin-off.  2020 is looking for good for korean blockbusters. 

the premise remind me a bit of china's wandering earth from last year (but not as crazy as that)

Set in 2092, Space Sweepers tells the story of a crew on board of The Victory trying to escape the destruction of Earth.

Edited by RealLyre

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cbs-all-access-to-get-summer-reboot-adding-paramount-films-and-shows-global-expansion-1202928536/

UPDATED at 7:35AM PT with more Paramount film details. CBS All Access will get a significant reboot this summer, ViacomCBS CEO Bob Bakish told Wall Street analysts Thursday, with Paramount films and shows from Nickelodeon, BET and other networks joining the service.

The subscription offering will be rebranded and will also expand internationally in the next 12 months, Bakish said.

More than 100 library films from Paramount were added to All Access on Thursday, the company said after the earnings call. Titles include some installments in the Star Trek franchise, The Godfather, Terms of Endearment and An Inconvenient Truth.

While there are still plenty of questions about specifics — including the service’s new name, financial profile, pricing and programming lineup — the commentary was a step forward from Bakish’s last earnings call. Speaking to investors in February, Bakish hinted at a streaming “house of brands” that would coalesce to take advantage of the full portfolio of ViacomCBS, but many analysts left scratching their heads.

The COVID-19 pandemic has only intensified the sense of urgency traditional companies have about expanding into streaming. In recent months, Disney, NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia have also mounted significant streaming efforts as media companies look to close the gap with Netflix and other incumbents.

Original programming will continue to mine the company’s IP, following in the line of breakout shows like The Good Fight and Picard.

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

@TMP   I Know This Much Is True reviews are mixed, starting with 57 on MC. https://www.metacritic.com/tv/i-know-this-much-is-true

seems like the limited series Emmy race will be between Watchmen, Mrs America & Unbelievable 

I don't know if Unbelievable has enough steam for a win. Honestly, I feel like it's Watchmen's to lose tbh. Wonder if Jackman will win Best Actor for a Limited Series/Musical now that IKTMIT is getting weak reviews.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't know if Unbelievable has enough steam for a win. Honestly, I feel like it's Watchmen's to lose tbh. Wonder if Jackman will win Best Actor for a Limited Series/Musical now that IKTMIT is getting weak reviews.

I'm hearing pretty good buzz for Ruffalo though. I think he's still a competitor even if the show doesn't get nominated for anything else. He should've been nominated for an Oscar this year for Dark Waters too.

Still definitely watching I Know This Much Is True but it always seemed like an acting play for Ruffalo and nothing else. Jackman's probably winning that category now (and would be a deserving winner tbh).

27 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't know if Unbelievable has enough steam for a win. Honestly, I feel like it's Watchmen's to lose tbh.

Mrs. America.

6 minutes ago, Cap said:

This is 10000000% cause of Evans cause the show is lame-o boring.

Renner has been near the top the past few days on Netflix with that Arctic Dogs flop as well. The MCU's power is no joke. Watch Apple TV+'s average customer number drop by like 75% when it's over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Renner has been near the top the past few days on Netflix with that Arctic Dogs flop as well. The MCU's power is no joke. Watch Apple TV+'s average customer number drop by like 75% when it's over.

and Extraction is still in the top 10 movies on Netflix. 

next month there is a movie with Chadwick Boseman. MCU actors are ruling streaming!