Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 1/25/2022 at 7:37 PM, Ozymandias said:

Ideally, I think there should be a legally binding treaty signed by the US and Russia that makes Ukraine neutral, barring either side from using it for military purposes.  But since we live in an insane world, that's very unlikely to happen and we'll get another stupid pointless war.

Ukraine should be able to make their own decisions. They voted in favour of joining NATO whilst Russia wants to bring them back to the days of the old empire against their will. Putin is just another Hitler that needs stopping in his tracks.  Nobody wants a war, but that doesn't mean we should allow dictators to do what they want without consequences. Sometimes you need to show your teeth 

• Disbelief 1

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol Evangeline Lilly. I guess it's a good thing the next Ant-Man & the Wasp isn't coming out for another year-and-a-half to allow her latest controversy to blow over.

What happened?

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol Evangeline Lilly. I guess it's a good thing the next Ant-Man & the Wasp isn't coming out for another year-and-a-half to allow her latest controversy to blow over.

For anyone who followed LOST fandom in any great detail, this is exactly zero surprise.  Evangeline Lilly has always been... different, and willing to buck Hollywood Establishment.  Not exactly surprising given her background, I guess I am saying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

For anyone who followed LOST fandom in any great detail, this is exactly zero surprise.  Evangeline Lilly has always been... different, and willing to buck Hollywood Establishment.  Not exactly surprising given her background, I guess I am saying.

i legit just rolled my eyes at the article. Of course she would say that. 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

I remember back at the start of the pandemic she also made similar statements about refusing to self-quarantine and some of her famous friends blasted her and she put out an apology shortly after stating she was with her family in quarantine. Whether it was from the goodness of her heart or because King Kevin might've called her up saying "fix this or we're cutting ties?" Who knows (gonna wager she still wants Mickey's money though, unlike Gina Carano who quickly moved on to make the kind of projects she wanted to make after getting ousted, so we'll see).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I have strong doubts she wants to make those projects, but those are the only ones coming her way

I dunno, she sounded pretty happy when she signed up for that Daily Wire thing no one will ever see:

“The Daily Wire is helping make one of my dreams — to develop and produce my own film — come true. I cried out and my prayer was answered. I am sending out a direct message of hope to everyone living in fear of cancellation by the totalitarian mob. I have only just begun using my voice which is now freer than ever before, and I hope it inspires others to do the same. They can’t cancel us if we don’t let them.”

Hard to feel sorry for her when it's obvious she didn't want King Mickey's money anymore (having failed in responding to their requests to stop stirring the pot).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I dunno, she sounded pretty happy when she signed up for that Daily Wire thing no one will ever see:

Hard to feel sorry for her when it's obvious she didn't want King Mickey's money anymore (having failed in responding to their requests to stop stirring the pot).

"I never wanted those grapes anyway, I bet they were sour."

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

I remember back at the start of the pandemic she also made similar statements about refusing to self-quarantine and some of her famous friends blasted her and she put out an apology shortly after stating she was with her family in quarantine. Whether it was from the goodness of her heart or because King Kevin might've called her up saying "fix this or we're cutting ties?" Who knows (gonna wager she still wants Mickey's money though, unlike Gina Carano who quickly moved on to make the kind of projects she wanted to make after getting ousted, so we'll see).

2 years ago people cared about covid more, now people just want to move on mostly and the outrage is less.

A lot of the leaders even on the dems sort of started not following rules. Its like everyday now i see articles of some politician or famous person breaking rules and such and just blows over without consequencess now.

Didnt the actress for black panther still keep her job too? 

Edited by Torontofan

11 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

2 years ago people cared about covid more, now people just want to move on mostly and the outrage is less.

A lot of the leaders even on the dems sort of started not following rules. Its like everyday now i see articles of some politician or famous person breaking rules and such and just blows over without consequencess now.

Didnt the actress for black panther still keep her job too? 

Exactly. This is a shrug worthy story at this point.