Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Imagine living in a world where you have to add a logline to a fucking TV show because it is in fact a TV show based on the real story and not the actual real story. Truly the fucking end of days when it comes to freedom of speech, everyone is a silly snowflake. Just do it for every movie or TV show or hell, game or book.

There is a trigger warning for the Broadway musical Oklahoma has references to guns

lol

34 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Whatever it is you're doing, @MrPink, it's obviously working.  Gotta keep it up for at least one more day.

Eat the same foods, watch the same shows, wear the same clothes.

Sorry, don't make the rules here. 

Was just discussing this yesterday. People still hate the Yankees and Man Utd despite them not having won in a decade or longer.

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Was just discussing this yesterday. People still hate the Yankees and Man Utd despite them not having won in a decade or longer.

Well, some folks have looooooooong memories*.  That and Yankee fans constantly going on and on and on about their 27 championships, despite the fact that the Yankees haven't won j/s recently. 

Really, if Yankee fans weren't quite as insufferable as they are about their prior success, I might almost feel sorry for the fanbase and throw them a pity championship.  As it is though, they can suffer another decade or two and then I might, emphasis on might, feel okay with them getting to #28.

* Speaking of "looooooooong memories"**, 1980 NLCS Revenge Tour is starting to come into focus, @4815162342!!!

** My first crushing loss as a baseball fan, which is one never quite gets over.  Especially since it is lauded as "one of the best post series ever".

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Whatever it is you're doing, @MrPink, it's obviously working.  Gotta keep it up for at least one more day.

Eat the same foods, watch the same shows, wear the same clothes.

Sorry, don't make the rules here. 

My mom found an old orange Astros t-shirt I had at the house while I’ve been staying there and I’ve been wearing it all series. Brought it back with me to DC. Goes without saying I gotta stay on blackout 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Eric Adam said:

What the hell happened here?

Time flies, as they say. I remember reading something a while back that he had recorded his Flounder lines in early 2020 when filming on The Little Mermaid was originally supposed to commence before COVID hit. Prepare for a somewhat jarring promo tour where he sounds completely different from his voice in the movie.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Had to wait to respond to this.

But you seem to be implying I had doubts about the contract to begin with :monopoly:

Not at all! :lol:

Congrats (and to @TwoMisfits as well) on making it to the WS.

And that's about all the well wishes I'm gonna send you for about the next week and a half or so, depending on just what happens in the next few hours. ;)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not at all! :lol:

Congrats (and to @TwoMisfits as well) on making it to the WS.

And that's about all the well wishes I'm gonna send you for about the next week and a half or so, depending on just what happens in the next few hours. ;)

Astros are going to win tonight.

And pretty sure the Astros will win the World Series. That starting pitching depth alone is terrifying (when you have Luis Garcia coming out of the bullpen, lordy)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

And pretty sure the Astros will win the World Series. That starting pitching depth alone is terrifying (when you have Luis Garcia coming out of the bullpen, lordy)

I dunno - Phillies deep hitters are HOT...and they do have 3 good starting pitchers and 2 good closers...you don't need much more to pull out 4 games in 7...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

E7gqKAfVkAMJQ2y?format=jpg&name=medium

(eleven years later and we still remember the infamous "double check marks")

Or, to put it another way, anything can happen in a short series.  We've seen far too many series where things don't go remotely like they are "supposed to".

(or or, everything TwoMisfits just said)

Mind, I do think the Astros should be favorites (should they make it as I ain't gonna count chickens until they're hatched), perhaps heavily so.  But both Minute Maid and Citizens Bank can get homer happy.  And once the homers start flying, bets start to come off the table.

Should it come to pass, let's just root for a fun series and let the chips fall where they may. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1