Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

I'll be going dark and puking in the toilet until the series is over, thanks.

kiddg6d5e7351.jpg

Spoiler

I am being a bit of a weenie by waiting to post this pic until after the game was over, but to be fair, I just thought of using it now :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And Dame Judi is going after The Crown lmao.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

We're in trouble until the next election tbh. Charles should put his foot down at this point and dissolve parliament. 

I don't think he can, I believe his powers are purely ceremonial. I know we don't vote for the PM but installing a third PM like this is incredibly distasteful and a global embarrassment (I've seen one US outlet question if the UK is under some kind of unelected dictatorship). I think The People will refuse to accept whoever the Tories select.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

CHAOS IN THE UK 

The Prime Minister just resigned AFTER A MONTH. We're going through 3 PM's in less than a year. I've seen nothing like it. 

I thought she'd hang on long enough to outlast the Lettuce Liz livestream:

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

And Dame Judi is going after The Crown lmao.

Is The Crown really more fictional than any of the biopics starred in by Dame Judi herself? The industry makes biographical movies and shows based on recent events all the time, they all take liberties and The Crown isn't making stuff up on the level of Blonde or anything.

Everyone is just worked up because they've reached the Peak Charles/Diana/Camilla years. It was an infamously public Hot Mess, and there are still unresolved feelings about all of it. But honestly, Charles and the royalists should be really grateful The Crown declined to introduce Dale Tryon or Janet Jenkins as characters on the show...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

CHAOS IN THE UK 

The Prime Minister just resigned AFTER A MONTH. We're going through 3 PM's in less than a year. I've seen nothing like it. 

I know we're not ones to talk shit or laugh about another country's elected officials but goddamn you guys go through Prime Ministers like hot cakes.

12 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I know we're not ones to talk shit or laugh about another country's elected officials but goddamn you guys go through Prime Ministers like hot cakes.

Canada only had 2 PM since 2005  and one is still PM lol 

However  here its impossible for the own party to force a PM out really. 

Edited by Torontofan

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Dame Judi, her power.

Imagine living in a world where you have to add a logline to a fucking TV show because it is in fact a TV show based on the real story and not the actual real story. Truly the fucking end of days when it comes to freedom of speech, everyone is a silly snowflake. Just do it for every movie or TV show or hell, game or book.

Edited by CJohn

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Imagine living in a world where you have to add a logline to a fucking TV show because it is in fact a TV show based on the real story and not the actual real story. Truly the fucking end of days when it comes to freedom of speech, everyone is a silly snowflake. Just do it for every movie or TV show or hell, game or book.

CJohn you've seen Orphan: First Kill? Since two different studios put out the first two we need to start wishing Universal picks up a third so that we get the showdown the world really clamors for, Esther v M3GAN (sorry, Batman v Superman and Godzilla v Kong).

M3gan Megan GIF - M3gan Megan M3gan Doll GIFs

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

CJohn you've seen Orphan: First Kill? Since two different studios put out the first two we need to start wishing Universal picks up a third so that we get the showdown the world really clamors for, Esther v M3GAN (sorry, Batman v Superman and Godzilla v Kong).

M3gan Megan GIF - M3gan Megan M3gan Doll GIFs

Yes, I have seen it. Legendary experience. The 2nd half of the definition of CINEMA. I was laughing so much. Julia Stiles should be nominated for an Oscar.

Throw Annabelle into the mix as well. Make it Esther vs M3GAN vs Annabelle.

Edited by CJohn

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Yes, I have seen it. Legendary experience. The 2nd half of the definition of CINEMA. I was laughing so much. Julia Stiles should be nominated for an Oscar.

For a while I was wondering if her very wooden line delivery was all part of an attempt to actually try and win a Razzie or if she was just phoning it in for an obvious paycheck gig until the twist happened and I was like "....oh, so that's what this is all about." :hahaha:

Also, "I'm gonna go upstairs and fuck my husband" has surpassed "we have enough champagne to fill the Nile" as the most iconic movie line of 2022. Sorry, Gal Gadot!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

For a while I was wondering if her very wooden line delivery was all part of an attempt to actually try and win a Razzie or if she was just phoning it in for an obvious paycheck gig until the twist happened and I was like "....oh, so that's what this is all about." :hahaha:

Also, "I'm gonna go upstairs and fuck my husband" has surpassed "we have enough champagne to fill the Nile" as the most iconic movie line of 2022. Sorry, Gal Gadot!

The performance goes off the charts after the twist. WHAT WAS I GONNA DO? SEND MY ONLY KID TO JAIL BECAUSE OF SOME SIBLING RILVARY BULLSHIT?