Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Saw II had my eyes rolling at it early on when it began like some CSI bullshit but by the end it grew on me somewhat. The scenes with people trying to survive in the house are weird because most of them are hateful assholes and/or dumbasses and they spend most of their time yelling at and chasing each other around which becomes really grating. But Tobin Bell is pretty fun doing a B-movie impression of John Doe and Keyser Soze simultaneously. Shawnee Smith is hot. Donnie Wahlberg is like Mark, if Mark had no charisma or personality whatsoever. Didn't see the final twist coming (well, I almost never do) and dug it. The jumpy editing is fucking ridiculous.

Saw III gets props for making the torture scenes legitimately nightmarish (if you're gonna go there, might as well go as far as you can). At the same time the revenge-centered plotline is unintentionally comical when someone is suffering ungodly pain right in front of the main dude and he just paces back and forth trying to decide if he forgives them enough to try and save them. Amanda who was fun and cool in Saw II gets reduced to alternating between weepy and psychotic. And it has no business being almost 2 hours long are you kidding me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

This Zoo Show is on Netflix. I’m gonna dive in

The crazyness only starts to truly show up in season 2 plus season 3 ends on a massive cliffhanger cursed to never be resolved.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

lol this zoo show was on network TV? Would've assumed Syfy

although i guess there's not much difference anymore

Network TV gets really weird in the summer. Lower budgets and expectations means that many shows which wouldn't last 5 episodes during fall go on for 5 seasons.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Eh. I never liked that guy when he was writing for /Film and though I haven't seen 4-7 yet I suspect he's being full of shit here too. From the first till the end of the third movie the repetitive elements only get more tiresome, and the larger story they're tripping over themselves to build isn't worth much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Eh. I never liked that guy when he was writing for /Film and though I haven't seen 4-7 yet I suspect he's being full of shit here too. From the first till the end of the third movie the repetitive elements only get more tiresome, and the larger story they're tripping over themselves to build isn't worth much. 

4-6 is basically a completely separate but parallel trilogy to 1-3. 7 wraps up both trilogies with shockingly few plotholes (some bending over backwards to have things make sense, but few plotholes nonetheless)

• Like 2

Chilling whole day due to having the flu.

Been showing my wife Psych to get ready for the movie. She's never seen it. Crazy.

I will say between the hot toddys, grilled cheese and tomato soup, my wife f*cking rocks. You know that's right.

• Like 1

Well guys, it's a kind of farewell (for those who care, probably not many of you tbh), I'll only be on the Brazil BO thread from now on, because I don't want to give up on it, but you won't see me on the other threads anymore.

So I wish you to have fun with movies and great BO moments and many records broken and funny meltdowns ^^

Farewell guys ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

I'm only on track 2, but so far Brian Tayler's The Mummy has been a really enjoyable listen. I'm impressed.

It's one of his better scores for sure, especially for a film that was such a dud. A bit noisy of course, but I quite like the "adventure" theme for Cruise's character. 

48 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Saw II had my eyes rolling at it early on when it began like some CSI bullshit but by the end it grew on me somewhat. The scenes with people trying to survive in the house are weird because most of them are hateful assholes and/or dumbasses and they spend most of their time yelling at and chasing each other around which becomes really grating. But Tobin Bell is pretty fun doing a B-movie impression of John Doe and Keyser Soze simultaneously. Shawnee Smith is hot. Donnie Wahlberg is like Mark, if Mark had no charisma or personality whatsoever. Didn't see the final twist coming (well, I almost never do) and dug it. The jumpy editing is fucking ridiculous.

Saw III gets props for making the torture scenes legitimately nightmarish (if you're gonna go there, might as well go as far as you can). At the same time the revenge-centered plotline is unintentionally comical when someone is suffering ungodly pain right in front of the main dude and he just paces back and forth trying to decide if he forgives them enough to try and save them. Amanda who was fun and cool in Saw II gets reduced to alternating between weepy and psychotic. And it has no business being almost 2 hours long are you kidding me.

As dumb as it gets, Saw III could have actually been a decent ending to a solid enough horror trilogy, especially since the ending kinda wraps up the overall Jigsaw plot, but because it was successful, they had to go and make more four more. Each of them getting more and more ridiculous. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

@CJohn Welp, while Only The Brave failed to captivate at the box office despite fantastic wom (good for Kosinski, he was due making an actually good movie after Tron Legacy and Oblivion... puts a little more hope on Top Gun 2), it looks like SIC got away with their little wildfires trick. Espelho de Água has been kicking the crap out of A Impostora at the ratings ever since the wildfires episode, and its ratings keep getting bigger - it even gets way bigger share results than Paixão :o (Then again, Impostora is Godawful, but it's still noteworthy)

Btw, I'm only mentioning this because I called EdA a flop the other day, so it only makes sense to say that it's now a success a week later :lol: 

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Saw The Meyerowitz Stories. Really enjoyed it. It serves a good companion piece to The Squid and The Whale, and I really liked it. The cast is really all outstanding, but Sandler shows he does some real talent as an actor, as he's really great, and it's nice to see him in another worthwhile film again. Elizabeth Marvel was also fantastic. It was overall solid. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

This man Tyrese ain’t gonna be back for Fast 9.

Aparently he beat his daughter so bad she couldn’t sit down. The ex-wife took out a restraining order. The child is 10, that’s old enough to fully communicate what happened. There ain’t no getting around this.

So this man Tyrese decided to fly this over his daughters school:

1024-tyrese-sub-wm-3.jpg

Norma’s team says Tyrese also had deliveries sent to the school for Shayla: Balloons, flowers, teddy bear, fruit arrangement and a card. 

We’re told Shayla was “mortified” when she saw the plane’s message, and burst into tears.  She ended up staying in the Principal’s office away from the other children and school officials did not allow other children to play outside while the plane was overhead.

This behaviour is of a man unhinged. Who in their right mind would do this? I was fucking mortified reading all that. The shit’s disturbing.

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 7