Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

We are in LA looking at some apartments and it's Patriots time already.

F*cking West Coast time.

Nah, man, trust me: west coast time is the freaking best for football. You can start your Sunday mornings with games and don't have to stay up until almost midnight to see the national game (which - being a transplanted Seahawks fan who got Stockholmed into more-or-less liking the Pats - happened to me quite often during my years in New England).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Was reading up on some of Wonder's cast, and the actress who plays Via is only 16 while the actor who plays her boyfriend is 21???? :winomg: 

I dated a girl who was 16 when I was 21... 

These days I'd be arrested for that... or elected Senator of Alabama

• Astonished 1

Since the full Senate election 18 months ago 13 of 76 Senators in the Australian Senate have either resigned or been forced out. Some simply resigned but most were forced out due to constitutional ineligibility. 

7 due to citizenship 

1 to bankruptcy 

1 to a previous criminal conviction 

4 resignations for other reasons

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/falling-like-flies-senate-loses-13-senators-since-2016-election-20171212-h02z67.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

Since the full Senate election 18 months ago 13 of 76 Senators in the Australian Senate have either resigned or been forced out. Some simply resigned but most were forced out due to constitutional ineligibility. 

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/falling-like-flies-senate-loses-13-senators-since-2016-election-20171212-h02z67.html

Australia needs to clone Christopher Plummer. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The one saving grace is that Senate vacancies don’t require a new election. There’s either a countback of the election result or someone from the same party is appointed. 

Although the High Court ruled one of the prospective replacements was ineligible. 

7 hours ago, Coco Bottle said:

Love the Pats. But man Dolphins dominating them right now. :(

They could have clinched the divisional title tonight. Looks like that will not happen.

Horrible game.

I nearly smashed our hotel TV. 

No one came to play including the GOAT.

So it appears the closest theater showing The Shape of Water this weekend is in...Coral Gables. Yeah, not driving all the way out there for shit.

Oh well, another one to add to the several other movies I'll be seeing over the holidays. Still don't know when we're seeing Star Wars yet.

• Like 1