Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

15 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Imagine a slightly muscular seventeen year old guy in a white shirt and black and white plaided pajama pants holding his iPad, wearing headphones, and spinning between his bed and TV while trying not to hit either.

I mean I pace while I listen to music...

but I don't usually post that I'm doing it on the internet 

9 minutes ago, Goffe said:

actually, i've been seeing people logging twins peaks and black mirror episodes lately, which pisses me off a great deal.

I think they said Twin Peaks counts cause it screened in full at MOMA and Black Mirror counts because the Emmy’s consider them TV movies

I was just looking at letterboxd and I know IMDB does it too.  But Lost City of Z is listed as a 2016 release.  Even though it's wide release was 2017.   I'm sure it premiered at some festival.  But still when looking at 2017 list for it, it is rather annoying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Problem with Letterboxd is it only does movie entries, no TV shows

Letterboxd needs to stick to what it was intended to be. Don't want TV, music, book, video game, etc reviews and ratings. It's a non-complicated, user friendly movie archival service and I hope it stays that way.

19 minutes ago, DAR said:

I was just looking at letterboxd and I know IMDB does it too.  But Lost City of Z is listed as a 2016 release.  Even though it's wide release was 2017.   I'm sure it premiered at some festival.  But still when looking at 2017 list for it, it is rather annoying.

They consider Split a 2016 movie too. It is annoying. Wish theyd stop going by festival dates and use the actual release date.

Just now, Jandrew said:

Letterboxd needs to stick to what it was intended to be. Don't want TV, music, book, video game, etc reviews and ratings. It's a non-complicated, user friendly movie archival service and I hope it stays that way.

They consider Split a 2016 movie too. It is annoying. Wish theyd stop going by festival dates and use the actual release date.

I saw You’re Next listed as a 2011 film on there.  Lmao.

32 minutes ago, DAR said:

7 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yeah it's some sort of hyper-precision nerd thing that ends up complicating and confusing every real-world situation.

1 hour ago, Just Tele said:

Yeah it's some sort of hyper-precision nerd thing that ends up complicating and confusing every real-world situation.

Well, even going by US wide release date is kinda arbitrary. Sometimes foreign films don't show up here until long after they've premiered in their home countries. There's no easy answer to it unless someone can develop an algorithm to determine the exact date of a movie's widest worldwide release or something like that. 

Edited by tribefan695