Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I watched that new Jack Black movie on Netflix, The Polka King. So nice to have a film that gets JB to sing. Why don't all his movies do this? It's been so long since Bernie. Film is a bit uneven and not very funny but I could watch Jack Black until I die. 

Then watched a documentary that the film's based on, made a good double bill. This dude bribed the Pope to meet the investors in his ponzi scheme so that they'd keep investing in him... fact is definitely stranger than fiction.

9 hours ago, Eevin said:

raegr seemed like a sweet kid. the fuck happened to make him so annoying?

Justice League flopping. Then he started be really cringey and making shitton of clone accounts.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So just like The Shining, mother! was also nominated for Director at the Razzies (Bardem was nominated too, but let's be real: that's for POTC). Can't wait for if to be considered a GOAT horror movie ahead of its time :) 

Have you at least accepted it's not even getting Sound nominations tomorrow? :lol:

Why is Zac Efron nominated for Worst Actor? Or Dakota Johnson? Just further proof the razzies just pick some bad movies and nominate them for all the awards.

I appreciate the Worst Screen Combo for Johnny Depp & his worn out routine in Pirates 5.

In fact all the same films seem to have all the awards - Emoji Movie, Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy and Transformers, have 32 nominations between them..... zzzzz.

So over the weekend we found out my sister might be diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension.  From what I understand it somehow restricts the blood flow from the right side of the heart and lungs.  It's not curable but you can keep it in check.

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Morieris said:

That's scary, I'm sorry @DAR

Thanks.  It's not a 100% certain that's what she has.  She has to see a cardiologist tomorrow.   But our cousin who is a nurse and a few other friends have put her at ease a bit.  

Plus her doctor told her not to Google this because the first thing that popped up was the worst case scenarios.   Our cousin said this is something you can live for years with this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aabattery said:

Watched Charade. 'Twas marvelous. Very good.

I'm an uncultured idiot so this was my first Cary Grant movie, and dude's a movie star. Guy is great. Audrey Hepburn also great. My only hangup is the age gap. Grant and Hepburn have buckets of chemistry and their repartee is aces, but man, 25 years between the two is a lot. Feels a tad skeevy, but it is what it is. Movie still rules.

Grant actually originally turned down the script for that film precisely due to the age difference. He only agreed to it after they changed they changed the script. He retired three years later as well. 

Good film though. I watched it for the first time last year.