Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

For me, I just want good everything. Why would I want to choose? :lol:

because there’s this thing called time, which most people have a finite amount.

also, because tv is bad even when it's good ;)

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

these shows will fall into oblivion in in a few years, while good movies will live on for decades.

can you imagine someone, 30 years from now, saying let's all watch that popular show from 2017? lmao.

Looking 30 year's back kind of give you reason but I am not so sure looking at 1999

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter&title_type=tv_series&year=1987,1987

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=moviemeter&title_type=tv_series&year=1999

18 year's later and watching/rewatching Freaks and Geek, Sopranos is still a thing, it could happen for some shows, specially now that they have as good quality than movies format/conversation method.

Conversation about tv series tend to be a bit strange, the type of commitment they require usually make only 2 type of people, people that love the show, people that have not finish the first season, without much in between. 

Edited by Barnack

1 minute ago, New Year New Panda said:

Honestly the only TV Show still going that’s absolutely worth watching all the way through is Game of Thrones.  Even if it’s just because it’s deeply rooted in pop-culture more than any show since Lost.

This might be worse than Goffe's take.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Goffe said:

these shows will fall into oblivion in in a few years, while good movies will live on for decades.

can you imagine someone, 30 years from now, saying let's all watch that popular show from 2017? lmao.

I think that’s partially true for a lot of shows. But shows like Breaking Bad, Thrones, Stranger Things, etc. that have been big and memorable breakouts will definitely still resonate with time.  Just like drama like Lost, The Sopranos, etc. did

3 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Honestly the only TV Show still going that’s absolutely worth watching all the way through is Game of Thrones.  Even if it’s just because it’s deeply rooted in pop-culture more than any show since Lost.

What is this

• Like 1

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

I think that’s partially true for a lot of shows. But shows like Breaking Bad, Thrones, Stranger Things, etc. that have been big and memorable breakouts will definitely still resonate with time.  Just like drama like Lost, The Sopranos, etc. did

Stranger Things isn't a good example to use; it's in baaaaad danger of losing its fanbase with next season.