Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

why would anyone consciously chose to watch a +5 season TV show, which often is mere entertainment at best, when they can have 45 illuminating experiences in the same time frame by watching movies instead? 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Listen I’m sure they’re good and all, but for the life of me I can’t get into TV the same way I can get into movies.  Call it weird all you want, but it’s how I feel about them.

Think of TV shows as movies broken down into multiple parts for breaks. Voila.

4 minutes ago, Goffe said:

why would anyone consciously chose to watch a +5 season TV show, which often is mere entertainment at best, when they can have 45 illuminating experiences by watching movies instead? 

Why would anyone watch 45 cruddy mediocre movies when they could spend that time diving deeply into some of the most fascinating and compelling characters ever created?

You can stack the deck either way. 

• Like 3

Just now, Telehilation said:

Why would anyone watch 45 cruddy mediocre movies when they could spend that time diving deeply into some of the most fascinating and compelling characters ever created?

surely you can't be referring to television, the inferior art form

I'm giving my first speech in public speaking on Thursday yet don't really care what grade I get. I'm not nervous at all about speaking; I just feel my speech itself isn't that strong. Part of me feels it's too barebones (I'm doing it on college depression), and my powerpoint isn't that complex. My lack of motivation also stems from the fact nearly 30% of the grade is earned just by coming to class, and another 7% is from discussions. It also helps that there's over 100 points of extra credit available. I mean, I want to maintain my 4.0 and never want to half-ass my work, but I just kind of don't care, y'know?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

why would anyone consciously chose to watch a +5 season TV show, which often is mere entertainment at best, when they can have 45 illuminating experiences in the same time frame by watching movies instead? 

Sleep less and die alone and do both!

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm giving my first speech in public speaking on Thursday yet don't really care what grade I get. I'm not nervous at all about speaking; I just feel my speech itself isn't that strong. Part of me feels it's too barebones (I'm doing it on college depression), and my powerpoint isn't that complex. My lack of motivation also stems from the fact nearly 30% of the grade is earned just by coming to class, and another 7% is from discussions. It also helps that there's over 100 points of extra credit available. I mean, I want to maintain my 4.0 and never want to half-ass my work, but I just kind of don't care, y'know?

giphy.gif

So I guess you don’t mind half-assing it then. :lol: 

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Telehilation said:

So I guess you don’t mind half-assing it then. :lol: 

I do, but I don't! Like, I could get an 80 on this speech and still have a good grade in the class (Currently a 93.1% with only ten points out of 145 lost; this speech is 10% of the grade). Then again, I might be overestimating some parts of the rubric because it adds up to over 100 points. Idk. I can always ask what she'll be weighting more on the grade. Based on her lectures, I imagine it has to be how you speak; it's public speaking ffs!

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

While we're on the topic of TV, I'd take Leftovers, Twin Peaks, BLL, MON, and BCS over anything outside of my top 6-7 movies of last year.

these shows will fall into oblivion in in a few years, while good movies will live on for decades.

can you imagine someone, 30 years from now, saying let's all watch that popular show from 2017? lmao.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

these shows will fall into oblivion in in a few years, while good movies will live on for decades.

can you imagine someone, 30 years from now, saying let's all watch that popular show from 2017? lmao.

What a wack mindset.