Eric Atreides

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built l Lionsgate l February 2, 2018 l Helen Mirren, Jason Clarke

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Jayhawk said:

Been to the house, which is really weird, creepy, and cool. I may check this out depending on reviews.

Been there 3 or 4 times. And the Winchester Mystery House is really plugging this film, for obvious reasons. Best publicity they ever had.

Fuck that creepy ass house. Remember Most Haunted live doing a live show at the house back in 2007 as part of a Halloween special. One of the creepiest things I’ve ever seen. Still gives me shudders. 

Of course, I’m extremely familiar with the story. Sarah built the house to confuse ghosts who came after her bc of the Winchester rifle.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, 75Live said:

know nothing about the real life story, but trailer was decent since I finally got a chance to see it 

Real life story is simple and I don't think it would be a spoiler since it is so well known, but I will use the spoiler feature anyway:

Spoiler

Sarah Winchester was the widow of the manufacturer of the famous Winchester Rifle, the one you see in all the Western movies and TV shows, "THe Gun That Won The West" and was afraid that the ghosts of all the people her husband's rifle had killed would haunt her.

So ,in San Jose, California, she begun contruction of a house that would guard her from the ghosts. She made the hallways and stairways as confusing as possible to foil the ghosts, and also she thought the ghosts would not inhabie the house until it was completed, so she never stopped work on it until the day she died. it is now a tourist attraction in San Jose;well worth visiting when in Silicon Valley.

I have no doubt they will spice up the movie with some Actual ghosts showing up (of which there is no proof, they existed only in Sarah Winchester's mind) but still looking forward to it. 

• Like 2