Premium George

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS| THOR- $6.15M (DOWN 44% FROM TUE)| BAD MOMS 2- $1.61M

Even if JL has 4, I’m willing to bet if DH2 and OE have two screens they’ll lose one. And with some holdovers like Jigsaw and smaller movies I don’t see it to be likely for Thor to have under 2 screens.

3 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

For some people i think it won't even reach a 200M full domestic run. 

Name one person who said this was going to go under 200 million.

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Thor is not going to jump to jump to 8 million on Thursday lol. If anything it might go to seven million but even that is up in the air. Well this drop looks kind of bad it's still only about six or seven percent higher than I thought it would be

Agreed. A 15%-20% Jump seems likely

Since Wonder came up, it's gonna have 1.5+ screens at at least one of my 12s next weekend...here's its Saturday sales (ie - after JL rush)...

Sold - 82/115, 18/115, 40/115, 0/115, 0/115 for 140/575...9 days out from the Saturday...

This is with a single screen right now...but there is no doubt, with these strong sales, Wonder will get 3 additional morning/afternoon showings (and possibly evening if presales stay this strong)...

My other local is very similar...this movie is gonna be a little hit...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

I think a good benchmark is the midpoint between Dr Strange and GotG2.

That is currently 136 m as of Wednesday.

The final midpoint is 311 m DOM.

So now that you are coming around to what I said it would be about for the final domestic gross, I think you can take back some of that mudslinging that you were doing towards me a couple of days ago LOL. If it finishes with 311 million then that works out to about a 2.55 Multiplier. 

• Like 4

Wednesday proportion of Sunday is 0.19 which is better than Thor 2 but worse than Dr strange. Given that I'd say it's still on track for a bit over 300 but that could change quite a bit next Thursday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Anything over 300m (or even close to that) is a great total for a character whose previous standalone movies have been... sub-optimal. Thor finally found his groove.

I agree. When Thor2 finished it's run didn't think Thor3 would finish 100m higher, even with after team up with Hulk was announced. I thought at best Hulk would help mitigate the tepid reception of the franchise and prevent folks from loosing interest in the sequel. But this is a big win.

8 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

So now that you are coming around to what I said it would be about for the final domestic gross, I think you can take back some of that mudslinging that you were doing towards me a couple of days ago LOL. If it finishes with 311 million then that works out to about a 2.55 Multiplier. 

Well Thor 3 is tracking somewhat ahead of the Dr Strange and GotG midpoint (136 m yesterday), so GotG2 legs (2.66) are still a very real possibility.

But I vaguely remember Civil War being part of the convo and I think we can rule out a 2.2 multiplier. :P

Just now, grey ghost said:

Well Thor 3 is tracking somewhat ahead of the Dr Strange and GotG midpoint (136 m yesterday), so GotG2 legs (2.66) are still a very real possibility.

But I vaguely remember Civil War being part of the convo and I think we can rule out a 2.2 multiplier. :P

If i said it would possibly have a 2.2 multiplier i dont recall that. I think i said it would do just over 300. 

15 minutes ago, Gopher said:

It's going to get a big bump today because of the Friday holiday. Not really concerned. 

Btw....disappointed i didn't get to meet you on my LA trip. 

• Sad 1