kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

33 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's kind of dumb that Sony chose Morbius and Kraven for solo movies when they have other Spider-Man characters that lend themselves to live action films like Black Cat or even Spider-Woman although I think Spider-Woman might be tricky rights wise depending on the incarnation.

Not only that, they picked Madame Web over your examples.

I guess Spider-Woman is on a weird spot and I think Marvel wants to use her, but Black Cat is pretty much Marvel Catwoman, I don't know why did not try it with her instead of making Kraven and Morbius good guys, hell Morbius would have worked as Black Cat villain, they have so much history together.

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

16% RT. 
(Edit: Down to 15%)

Remember 9% is the magic number

97969-FC5-F767-4200-912-E-B2-CB44662803.

We’re currently in Howard The Duck territory 

AFEC645-E-07-E9-4-DBE-800-F-F60126523290

I remember watching that F4 disaster unfold like a slow motion train wreck and thinking, "I will never see the likes of this again."

I guess never say never.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's kind of dumb that Sony chose Morbius and Kraven for solo movies when they have other Spider-Man characters that lend themselves to live action films like Black Cat or even Spider-Woman although I think Spider-Woman might be tricky rights wise depending on the incarnation.

It doesn't matter what characters they do if they're not gonna bother at least making them appealing to the public. If DC could with Peacemaker, Sony has no excuse.

Edited by DefenderD
  • Like 4

Other comic book misfires for reference:

-Catwoman: 9% RT, 27 MC

-Fant4stic: 9% RT, 27 MC

-Hellboy 2019: 18% RT, 31 MC

-Dark Phoenix: 22% RT, 43 MC

-Green Latern: 26%, 39 MC

-Suicide Squad: 26% RT, 40 MC

-Batman v Superman: 29% RT, 44 MC

- Venom: 30% RT, 35 MC

- New Mutants: 36% RT, 43 MC

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Other comic book misfires for reference:

-Catwoman: 9% RT, 27 MC

-Fant4stic: 9% RT, 27 MC

-Hellboy 2019: 18% RT, 31 MC

-Dark Phoenix: 22% RT, 43 MC

-Green Latern: 26%, 39 MC

-Suicide Squad: 26% RT, 40 MC

-Batman v Superman: 29% RT, 44 MC

- Venom: 30% RT, 35 MC

- New Mutants: 36% RT, 43 MC

We also have 

1990’s Captain America

1-C7-F35-A4-8685-4979-9-E99-1-CB957-F59-

Roger Corman’s Fantastic 4

D6-E79-B9-F-2643-4807-A659-FD06-A2-A496-

and

Spoiler

the unrated

21-E03615-C4-CD-4-B39-A45-B-2-AAF25349-D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Not only that, they picked Madame Web over your examples.

I guess Spider-Woman is on a weird spot and I think Marvel wants to use her, but Black Cat is pretty much Marvel Catwoman, I don't know why did not try it with her instead of making Kraven and Morbius good guys, hell Morbius would have worked as Black Cat villain, they have so much history together.

That is why I never really was crazy about the Black Cat. I know Marvel and DC swipe from each other all the time, but the BLack Cat was too obviious.

Its crazy how Sony can give us one of the best if not top 5 CB movies with Into The Spider-Verse yet fumble Venom and Morbius. say what you want about Hollands Spidey trilogy but they're all 90+ rotten tomatoes with 90+ audience score (Far From Home has 89 last i checked)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That is why I never really was crazy about the Black Cat. I know Marvel and DC swipe from each other all the time, but the BLack Cat was too obviious.

I mean the comparison is not different from Namor and Aquaman...  Thanos and Darkseid.