kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

This bitch has a 64% Verified Audience score after one night. A disaster. That’s the worst I’ve ever seen for a Marvel movie. I don’t think New Mutants VA score collapsed as fast.

Edited by AJG
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, AJG said:

This bitch has a 64% Verified Audience score after one night. A disaster. That’s the worst I’ve ever seen for a Marvel movie. I don’t think New Mutants VA score collapsed as fast.

It's well earned. I struggle to think of a worse movie I've seen in the last couple years.

edit: Double checked all the movies I've seen in theaters since May of last year. Definitely the worst. Snake Eyes was the only one that came even remotely close.

Edited by Orestes

Off the top of my head, the worst movies I've seen theatrically in last few years are Eternals, Morbius, Hellboy, Space Jam 2. (And I've seen like, The Grudge, Black Christmas, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, The Kitchen, Free Guy, Dark Phoenix, Happy Death Day 2 U, Green Book, Beautiful Boy, New Mutants, Vice, Jojo Rabbit, Don't Look Up, Flag Day, both Venoms, Malignant, Respect, Jungle Cruise, Spiral, Candyman in theaters)

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash

Quote added for clarity for the people who don’t bother to read previous replies:

BestPicturePlutoNash: “Off the top of my head, the worst movies I've seen theatrically in last few years are Eternals, Morbius, Hellboy, Space Jam 2.”

I enjoyed it way more than Eternals, because I was never bored. 

It’s an easy 6/10.

And the complaints about the CGI are lost on me, as I think most superhero films have their shoddy moments, but at least this one didn’t cost $200m to make. 

Edited by Krissykins

37 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I enjoyed it way more than Eternals, because I was never bored. 

It’s an easy 6/10.

And the complaints about the CGI are lost on me, as I think most superhero films have their shoddy moments, but at least this one didn’t cost $200m to make. 

*Complains people bring Wonder Woman*

*Brings Eternals for no reason two times in a row*

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

The poster prior to me compared Morbius to Eternals. Hence the comparison :) 

(on a side note: although I didn’t like it, I also didn’t think Eternals was as horrible as a lot of people do). 

Edited by Krissykins

2 hours ago, Fox20 said:

I know you freak out whenever the MCU is dissed but they were clearly quoting something that mentioned Eternals first and wasn't mentioned on their own free will, so this isn't quote the gotcha you think it is

It cant atleast be worse than Fant4stic. Thats hardly phsysically possible. That movie wasnt even a movie, it was a ... hideous thing.

Nevertheless, i wont see it despite hading planned to do so. I had hoped for a Venom-style so-bad-its-funny type film but since it seems to be on the boring side of things, its a skip for me.

While I didn’t really like the movie much I can say I wasn’t bored, it seems like that’s a common complaint from some reviews? I haven’t read any but I keep seeing that brought up.  I wasn’t invested in anything but I didn’t walk out of the movie feeling bored for sure like I have in the past. 

• Like 1