WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | Reviews are in. It's-a bad!

I'm IN.  6 tickets for Easter at 1pm.  Since so many of the screens were PLF, and there was only one showing not PLF before 3:30pm that day...well, I have a movie subscription with credits, so why wait:).

Kids have outgrown egg hunts, so I think they'll be thrilled with the replacement Easter event...

• Like 1

trying to force layered personalities into these 2d characters only makes them boring, the background characters look like they belong to a better movie (except the toads)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

There's a surprisingly even split between dub/subbed screenings at my local theaters. Don't think I've ever seen that for an animated film. No 3D screenings anywhere in Sweden outside of IMAX in Gothenburg/Stockholm, though.

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I shouldn't laugh, but I am laughing at TBD for the total DOM.  Go ahead, Shawn.  Just put the $400-500M+ DOM Total in...

Their projection is also just for the 3-day weekend. This could open to 130M+ for the 5-day OW.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I shouldn't laugh, but I am laughing at TBD for the total DOM.  Go ahead, Shawn.  Just put the $400-500M+ DOM Total in...

the tbd is only on D&D though? mario has 301+

anyway am assuming that's for the 5day and not fss because they mention their tracking metrics are below minions

Edited by JustLurking

why do nintendo youtubers act (and react) like they're watching the dead reckoning part 1 trailer? are they getting invited to the premiere or are they doing it for their audience?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

why do nintendo youtubers act (and react) like they are the dead reckoning part 1 trailer? are they getting invited to the premiere or are they doing it for their audience?

Because Nintendo is SUPER protective of their IP and the last time a mario movie came in the 90s it was a disaster