WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | The most profitable movie of 2023

Hmmm both Migration and Trolls 3 trailers have been rated. Guessing both will be attached to Mario, so we are getting another 3 trailer attachment (Kraken, Trolls, Migration).

46 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

supposedly across the spider-verse and blue beatle as well

I mean, those will be likely shown as every time a trailer is rated, a mix is made for movies at the theaters but attachments are mandated with film. Like how most major studios show 1-2 trailers at the end of the movie they're distributing. Like Avatar: The Way of Water had some mix of Quantumania, Indy, Elemental and Guardians attached near the end. Sometimes for big films or every now then, a studio will attach 3. 

• Like 1

There's a collab with LUSH of all things. I'd scoff, but I like seeing collaborations like this that cross over supposed 'consumer profiles'. I wouldn't necessarily think that LUSH's clientele are big Mario fans, but Mario is so ubiquitous, they very well could be.

As millenials get older, we absolutely will see more collabs that cross over like this as the general idea of what someone "should" like as x or y demographic go out the window.

That's a lotta words to say  I set an email alert for when the Luigi and Bowser stuff comes back on sale.

Edited by Morieris

44 minutes ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Feel like it's become kind of en vogue to take a much reviled movie from 2 or 3 decades ago and try to reclaim it as "it's good, actually!" How much of it is genuine reevaluation or nostalgia talking?

Nostalgia and clicks.

Universal Orlando is pretty much decorated with marketing materials and banners for this movie. Only another week or two I'm guessing until Disney puts the Guardians 3 banners/promo stuff up and both theme parks will need to be renamed to Pratt World.

5 hours ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Feel like it's become kind of en vogue to take a much reviled movie from 2 or 3 decades ago and try to reclaim it as "it's good, actually!" How much of it is genuine reevaluation or nostalgia talking?

Nostalgia has become an infestation amongst the masses that literally everything gets some “this was good actually”, because people remember liking crap when they were ten and are too stubborn to realize they like crap.

15 years from now, we’re gonna see tons of “Why The Emoji Movie Is An Unfairly Hated Masterpiece” articles. It’s gonna suck.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Literally 95% of it is nostalgia talking. Like Eric said, so many random awful movies get "They were good actually!" revisits. Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 3, the 2000s F4 movie, TASM movies. And that's just the superhero ones.

11 hours ago, Mulder said:

Literally 95% of it is nostalgia talking. Like Eric said, so many random awful movies get "They were good actually!" revisits. Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 3, the 2000s F4 movie, TASM movies. And that's just the superhero ones.

TASM movies always had defenders, or at least the first one did. 

Anyway, yeah, I can’t think of a single person who was ever willing to defend the live action Mario movie in all the previous years I’ve used the Internet.

I wonder if there will ever be defenders for stuff like Dragonball Evolution, The Last Airbender and Fant4stic. Or do they already exist, and I’m not looking hard enough? 

Edited by WittyUsername

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

TASM movies always had defenders, or at least the first one did. 

Anyway, yeah, I can’t think of a single person who was ever willing to defend the live action Mario movie in all the previous years I’ve used the Internet.

I wonder if there will ever be defenders for stuff like Dragonball Evolution, The Last Airbender and Fant4stic. Or do they already exist, and I’m not looking hard enough? 

Dunno if this counts as defending, but I know Dragon Ball fans who are thankful Dragon Ball Evolution exists because it pissed Toriyama off so much that he came back to the franchise to make DBZ Battle of Gods, and stuff like Super and the other movies