DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

This post reminds me of so many Harry Potter convos. Good times. :)

Off topic: rewatched DH1 recently and it still makes a strong case for my top 2-3 movies in the series.

It's my number one! 

What did you think of Fantastic Beasts?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Objective means "on its own terms". Even for a movie that cost $250m, a $95m opening weekend is pretty good. It's not great, but it's nowhere near a disaster.

By your logic, if i won $10m in  a lottery tomorrow i shouldn't feel good about it, because hell, that pales in comparison to the $50m someone else won the week before. 

where did u get your education, i bet u are one of the in WB executive, never learned

I am deeply disappointed with $95m opening even that is not my money and I am fans, I couldn't imagine anyone in WB/DC now would smile looking at that number

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

where did u get your education, i bet u are one of the in WB executive, never learned

I am deeply disappointed with $95m opening even that is not my money and I am fans, I couldn't imagine anyone in WB/DC now would smile looking at that number

I hope Tsujihara is happy now with his stupid "no more than 2-hours movie"

What a dumb decision

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArmGunar said:

I hope Tsujihara is happy now with his stupid "no more than 2-hours movie"

What a dumb decision

WB are so reactionary with their DC Films. Man of Steel was a partial to the complaints about the lack of action in Superman Returns, BvS was a response to the complaints about the 3rd Act in Man of Steel, Suicide Squad was a response to the reactions to their own trailers, Justice League was a response to complaints about the tone in BvS.

It's all well and good to take in criticisms but the problem is WB always took the wrong criticisms in and by trying to constantly meddle just ended up making things worse. The fact that this might make less than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 worldwide which was the film that made Sony basically give up and ask Marvel for help......

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

WB are so reactionary with their DC Films. Man of Steel was a partial to the complaints about the lack of action in Superman Returns, BvS was a response to the complaints about the 3rd Act in Man of Steel, Suicide Squad was a response to the reactions to their own trailers, Justice League was a response to complaints about the tone in BvS.

It's all well and good to take in criticisms but the problem is WB always took the wrong criticisms in and by trying to constantly meddle just ended up making things worse. The fact that this might make less than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 worldwide which was the film that made Sony basically give up and ask Marvel for help......

Exactly !

Now I'm wondering what WB will do next (fortunately Aquaman and Shazam are safe but we can say goodbye to Flash, Cyborg and Green Lantern)

33 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

WB are so reactionary with their DC Films.

"Reactive".

Reactionary means 'opposing political progress or reform'. As much of a mess as the DCU is, you couldn't really accuse it of that.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

Sunday though, will it drop like last weekends openers 34-36%? Or like Thor 2 weeks ago, -27%?

100% Saturday increase for JL in Italy, hopefully see’s similar insane increases in the rest of Europe lol. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Sunday though, will it drop like last weekends openers 34-36%? Or like Thor 2 weeks ago, -27%?

Looking at the trend in previous years for the pre-Thanksgiving openers (FBeasts, Mockingjay 1 & 2, Catching Fire, Breaking Dawn 1 & 2), it looks like they had drops in the 30-37% range. Beasts had the best, at 30% (just under, actually), while MJ1 was the worst at 37%. BD1 was at 34%, so there's an argument that being the first part in a 2-parter caused slightly less good retention, since BD2 and MJ2 were both at 31% drops.

I'd probably guess 31% as the drop, or thereabouts, for a 22-23m Sunday (93-94m weekend).

For the weekend to hit 95m or more, Saturday would probably have to be above 33m.

• Like 1