DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

96M is atrocious for the first JL movie. I enjoyed it a lot, but clearly a lot of people on the fence were kept away by the reviews and BvS after effects. JL2 probably won’t be getting here till 2021 or 2022 post the solo adventures, so at least glad that a JL movie came out and I got to watch it in IMAX :) 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Pretty interchangable. I don't believe anyone who says they honestly care about those three movies and how they should be ranked. And no one here can trick me I know those people don't exist!

Hummmm

I have something to tell you CoolioD1...

• Founder / Operator
8 hours ago, Noctis said:

It's my number one! 

What did you think of Fantastic Beasts?

I liked parts... I'm pretty much interested for Newt and a couple of other characters but the series hasn't hooked me yet. I did enjoy it a bit more the second time though. You?

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, a2knet said:

2.4-2.6x with 96 gives 230-250 dom for JL.

Wouldn't think 250 is dead yet. The reception seems fair imo. The trend over the weekend has been good.

Seeing it hold that 86% audience score  throughout the weekend gives me hope for a better multiplier I’m the coming weeks .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

OS doesn't seem so bad?

Pre-release expectations were higher, just like dom, even if not sky high. Deadline's latest was,

Broken out, Justice League looking at $110M-$120M this weekend at the domestic box office and anywhere from $215M-$235M overseas.

If it does 2.5x multi os then current markets give it 185*2.5 = 463.75 and ~475 after Japan.

9 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Previews said WW OW would be $325-350M. I guess that decrease is mainly due to poor domestic numbers. 

Thor:Ragnarok opened to $190M intl + 122 DOM, $312M WW OW

Didn’t Thornopen earlier in some markets, thus giving it more days out on the market? I think JL is off to a good start OS.