DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

I have to admit, I can't express how refreshing it is to see audiences actually hold studios responsible for making shit. Complaining about how awful a franchise's quality is and then still showing up on OW for the next one anyways does nothing to make the studio think there's a problem. But that clearly didn't happen this time, glad to see so many who have felt so burned by the likes of MoS/BvS/SS finally said enough is enough with JL and are at least waiting for WOM. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, El Gato said:

F8 and Despicable Me 3 outgrossed Guardians 2. So did Spider-Man Homecoming and Wolf Warriors. So no Disney doesn't have the top 3 spots. 

Pretty sure he meant domestic OWs.

Edited by Orestes

The other new releases and holdovers are more interesting this weekend. Wonder coming close to $30 million ow. Thor doing ok. Bad Moms still holding strong. The Star doing close to $10 million. And Lady Bird still doing fine expanding. 

16 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Geez I don't see that happening and am predicting that this gets somewhat of a boost today....but if his analysis does, yeah that would be horrible for DC.

I see the actuals are a slight raise from Deadlines final Friday number so predicting a better Saturday but I don't see this clearing 100 this weekend unless some miracle happens.

I mean technically it would be doing mid 70's if it followed BvS/SS, so I can see where he's getting 80 from. But I can't imagine that with such a low OD, should be around 90. 

19 minutes ago, Frozen said:

What is Wolf Warriors?

Wolf Warrior 2 is a chinese action film starring Wu Jing, and a sequel to the first film.

And it’s a movie that made $870M WW so far, which is a freaking massive jump over the first one that only made around $90M WW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That suffered from his decision to jump into the DCU. Live By Night probably would have turned out better if he didn't have the DCU stuff to deal with. 

That, and he's had a lot of issues. I'm sure signing up to play Batman seemed like a good idea at the time. Shame BVS & JL didn't turn out better. 

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Positioning Wonder as counter programming against JL was a stroke of genius though I doubt even the studio knew it would reach this level.

Nope. All of us on even save for Han took it for granted too. I think it's "wonderful" that it's breaking out. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean technically it would be doing mid 70's if it followed BvS/SS, so I can see where he's getting 80 from. But I can't imagine that with such a low OD, should be around 90. 

Yeah I see where he's coming from, I just don't see it happening. Predicting a Sat boost like KONG got.

29 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I have to admit, I can't express how refreshing it is to see audiences actually hold studios responsible for making shit. Complaining about how awful a franchise's quality is and then still showing up on OW for the next one anyways does nothing to make the studio think there's a problem. But that clearly didn't happen this time, glad to see so many who have felt so burned by the likes of MoS/BvS/SS finally said enough is enough with JL and are at least waiting for WOM. 

Just stay off the reviews for this on Flixster then....your faith will waver.

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I have to admit, I can't express how refreshing it is to see audiences actually hold studios responsible for making shit.

Only that MoS and BvS weren't shit (can't speak for SS, haven't seen it). Just recently rewatched and enjoyed them both (the former more than the latter, if i have to compare). I continue to be baffled by the strong issues some people seem to have with them. As far as comic book movies go, i dig those two much more than the films from a certain other studio. Don't think JL's underperfomance can solely be attributed to that, though. Maybe i'm in the minority in regards to this as well, but it just didn't look as good in the ads.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Only that MoS and BvS weren't shit (can't speak for SS, haven't seen it). Just recently rewatched and enjoyed them both (the former more than the latter, if i have to compare). I continue to be baffled by the strong issues some people seem to have with them. As far as comic book movies go, i dig those two much more than the films from a certain other studio. Don't think JL's underperfomance can solely be attributed to that, though. Maybe i'm in the minority in regards to this as well, but it just didn't look as good in the ads.

Regardless of individual opinion, what I'm saying is a very large chunk of audiences definitely thought they were shit. You'll never have a movie that everyone agrees is good or bad, so that's irrelevant. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Don't think JL's underperfomance can solely be attributed to that, though. Maybe i'm in the minority in regards to this as well, but it just didn't look as good in the ads.

Not solely, no, but largely. Agree on the ads not looking good, but that's because I thought the ads made it look like a doubling down on BvS (or a tripling down on MoS), but uglier.

Edited by Orestes

41 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

That, and he's had a lot of issues. I'm sure signing up to play Batman seemed like a good idea at the time. Shame BVS & JL didn't turn out better. 

It's sad but in a lot of interviews over the past few years you could see the turmoil of divorce and alcoholism.