DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've gotten it four times: The House, DM3, Kingsman, and Orient Express. It hasn't really been stalking me at all. I'll probably get it at Wonder next.

Apes, Kingsman, Thor, Orient Express, Daddy's Home, JL (2x)

:whosad:

Edited by MrPink
  • Astonished 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I've gotten it four times: The House, DM3, Kingsman, and Orient Express. It hasn't really been stalking me at all. I'll probably get it at Wonder next.

I got it at Justice League, A Bad Moms Christmas, Despicable Me 3, and The House.  I only get it at terrible movies.

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Here's the question though.  What reason does the studio have to fast track a Superman movie that would cost upwards of $180M?  You're not seeing a Superman film for a VERY long time. 

Considering its been 37 years since the last good Superman film hit theaters, waiting a few more isn't all that big a deal at this point. The foundation that Snyder laid for this version of the character is too poisoned to get a good movie out of it, I think.

Edited by Orestes

Could someone report to me what was the reaction that people had back in May 2008 when "someone from the future" goes there and tells them that 9 years from their time, there's gonna be a Justice League movie (and this of course just 2 months before The Dark Knight broke the OW record)...... and it will have a smaller opening weekend than this new shiny Iron Man movie starring former addict Robert Downey Jr. that a lot of people had little confidence on.

Don't forget to mention that just a few years prior, Marvel had an Avengers movie and that opened to over 200M, while DC themselves got four 100M+ openings in a row with Man Of Steel, BVS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Drop all of these details and THEN tell them that JL went sub-100 on OW.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I got it at Justice League, A Bad Moms Christmas, Despicable Me 3, and The House.  I only get it at terrible movies.

I'm always mad when I get it as a Fox attachment instead of a different attachment (OE at Kingsman, Red Sparrow at OE). Gah.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This WB spin is GOLD.  Yeah Justice League is all about the intro of new characters so they couldn't possible expect it to open big

which lead to the question of why they did not inttoduce the new characters in a solo film rather then cram them all into a single film.

The answer was obvious: They got way too greedy for Avengers level grosses and tried to jump start  the DCU. It didn't work.

Goldstein is doing spin at a Trump White House level.....

Just now, That One Guy said:

I got a trailer for Kingsman and Valerian 21 times each.  don't think any film is gonna beat it unless Daddy's Home 2 rises from the dead 5 times.

These are my most prevalent stalkers in the year so far:

12:

Kingsman (GOTG, King Arthur, Alien, Baywatch, Baby Driver, Spider-Man, Apes, Dunkirk, Atomic Blonde, Logan Lucky, The Dark Tower, It)

Transformers (BATB, Power Rangers, GITS, GOTG, GOTG IMAX, King Arthur, Alien, POTC, Baywatch, Wonder Woman, The Mummy, It Comes at Night)

11:

Daddy’s Home 2 (Transformers, Baby Driver, The House, Despicable Me, Apes, Wish Upon, Girls Trip, Ninjago, The Snowman, Geostorm, Suburbicon)

9:

The Dark Tower (King Arthur, It Comes at Night, Baby Driver, Spider-Man, The House, Apes, Big Sick, Wish Upon, Atomic Blonde)

The Mummy (Split, Kong, Life, The Circle, GOTG, GOTG IMAX, Alien, POTC, Wonder Woman)

8:

Blade Runner 2049 (Alien, Baby Driver, Valerian, Dunkirk, Detroit, It, mother!, Battle of the Sexes)

The Commuter (American Assassin, Kingsman, American Made, Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Murder on the Orient Express)

Despicable Me 3 (Sing, LEGO Batman, BATB, Power Ranges, Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Cars, Transformers)

Flatliners (Baby Driver, The House, Annabelle, Logan Lucky, Hitman’s Bodyguard, Wind River, It, mother!)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (GOTG, GOTG IMAX, POTC, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Dunkirk, Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League)

Thor: Ragnarok (GOTG, GOTG IMAX, The Mummy, Spider-Man, Valerian, Wish Upon, Atomic Blonde, Only the Brave)

Valerian (LEGO Batman, Power Rangers, GITS, The Circle, Wonder Woman, The Mummy, Transformers, Apes)

If we include last year, Transformers gets the edge because of Rogue One :gold: 

I loved JL. It was fun to watch. It was not perfect and I can see why the critics wouldn’t rate it too high. The beginning jumps around quite a bit. But the movie is fun. The characters are great. I think this movie cannot be compared to the Avengers. It had no novelty in terms of the main three, since GA had already seen them together in BvS and really were lukewarm about what they saw. The fact that this was a sequel to BvS probably turned a lot of people off, who had invested in that film. I did not think BvS was atrocious. I do think that JL was much better and it’s a shame that the numbers may not bear that out.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I got a trailer for Kingsman and Valerian 21 times each.  don't think any film is gonna beat it unless Daddy's Home 2 rises from the dead 5 times.

Yeah Kingsman 2 and Daddy's Home 2 are the undisputed trailer stalker kings for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They will not want to be involved in this shit show. 

Not to mention they have other better things, like that Dumbo remake, which at this point I'm pretty sure will make more money then Justice League. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

They already are.

I think it has been underway for some time, but they were stuck with JL as a legacy film from the previous DC regime...Johns was brough on board as DC film head well after JL  had started filming.

The thing I  read  over the past two days is how Warners appretnly let Snyder dictate production and release dates to Warners, to guarantee he would retain (so he thought ) control of the DCU no matter what happened with BvS. If true, amazed WB allowed themselves to be bulldozed in that manner.