WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Justice League 7.5M | Wonder 4M | Thor 2.5M

The Amazing Spider Man made 757 million worldwide, 5 years ago.

The Amazing Spider Man 2 made 708 million worldwide, 3 years ago.

There's a chance JL fails to make these numbers ( without being adjusted ). It's terrible, because I loved the movie. However, you can't take the audience for granted. MOS ( which I liked ), BVS and SS were very divisive movies that scared way too many people. It's obvious that the same people won't come back to Justice League. Perhaps they would come back, if the movie had had a high tomatometer on RT, but it failed at that too, unfortunately. Not that I think people should read RT or not before going to the cinema, but it played a big part.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

That's a very week analysis when it's biggest OS market by far is China and it's not even gonna touch a x2 multiplier there.

It only needs 102 for a 2x there but it’s opening was 10mil higher that FB there.

JL still has one more major market to go.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

It only needs 102 for a 2x there but it’s opening was 10mil higher that FB there.

JL still has one more major market to go.

That one is japan if im not mistaken and japan doesnt care about superheros. dont expect more than 5-10M there.

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The Amazing Spider Man made 757 million worldwide, 5 years ago.

The Amazing Spider Man 2 made 708 million worldwide, 3 years ago.

There's a chance JL fails to make these numbers ( without being adjusted ). It's terrible, because I loved the movie. However, you can't take the audience for granted. MOS ( which I liked ), BVS and SS were very divisive movies that scared way too many people. It's obvious that the same people won't come back to Justice League. Perhaps they would come back, if the movie had had a high tomatometer on RT, but it failed at that too, unfortunately. Not that I think people should read RT or not before going to the cinema, but it played a big part.

After this weekend we will see if 700mil is off the table or not.

If it’s well over 500mil then 700mil is the floor if it’s not then 700might be a challenge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

That one is japan if im not mistaken and japan doesnt care about superheros. dont expect more than 5-10M there.

I really have a hard time seeing this film topping out at 400mil since it already has 185mil.

The film should be over 300 foreign after This Weekend.

If Things are goong right then it should be 300mil heading into the weekend.

• Like 1

https://theplaylist.net/justice-league-lose-100-million-20171121/

Forbes has crunched the numbers — seriously, they go pretty mind-numbingly deep on merchandise potential and international receipts and all that stuff — and Warner Bros. may be facing a $50 to $100 million loss on “Justice League.” Essentially, with the movie costing $300 million in production costs, plus adding another $150 million for marketing, it already puts “Justice League” in a deep hole. Deadline recently reported that the movie needs to earn $700 million to $750 million worldwide to turn any kind of profit. However, projections put the final tally around $635 million.

Ouch.

There’s a possibility that “Justice League” could limp to break even, but bottom line: this is not a smash hit or even an acceptable result by any measure. No matter how you twist or cook the numbers, this is an ugly, financial faceplant.

tenor.gif?itemid=4996599

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That seems terrible. However, it seems WB will use Wonder Woman 2 profits, It's profits and Dunkirk's profits to cover up for the loss.

If we consider that, at least they'll end this year in the blue and not in the red. 

Fake News, Fake News....information one doesn't like or agree to is officially decreed FAKE!!!!

It's Forbes, it's an early estimate so the actuals could change. They even allow a healthy window of $50m to slide around in but based on trends, models and past history one can't deny the outlook is less than rosy.

1 minute ago, mredman said:

this is a good drop for sure. But this is troll central now and its quite pathetic seeing immature gloating. Did i stumble into the old imdb boards ?

Just pathetic behavior from some people here. i  mean really grow the hell up

If an Avengers film or Star Wars film did this, the forum would’ve had the same response.

1 minute ago, Box Office Freak said:

What’s the chance that CoCo’s opening weekend is higher than Justice League’s?? 👀

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER

50%. Coco looks like the definition of a wildcard.

• Like 2