WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Justice League 7.5M | Wonder 4M | Thor 2.5M

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It’s really not that bad either, dropping 4% more than Fantastic Beasts isn’t a big deal. Thors was 74%. Last weeks openers dropped 67% and 79%. 

It's worse than all of those though. And schools out now in most of the US. Thors Monday didn't have that factor nor did last weeks openers.

Edited by somebody85

It's Thanksgiving break here which usually means softer Monday drops this week. So it dropping even 4% more of those franchises is not the best sign going forward.

It's got major competition this weekend too if Coco breaks out and Wonder continues doing what it's doing. That's where I'm wondering where the audience for this is supposed to come from to give it a big second weekend....

Wonder is all but guaranteed to make 100M DOM with this Monday drop. I really don't see its Thanksgiving hold being bigger than 40% tops. The question is, how high will it shoot. Jacob Tremblay is a fuckin' Superstar

tumblr_o176daGBjW1v5duk4o5_250.gif 

JL's drop could've been a lot worse, but still.... not necessarily good. WB must be thanking all the Gods that this week is Thanksgiving, otherwise who the hell knows where JL would end up in DOM total. 250M seems like a slightly optimistic target at this point. Are we sure this is Justice League we're talking about?

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I had no idea Thanksgiving week was a holiday for you guys.  LOL, you guys get holidays for everything.

When I was in high school, we’d go to school until Wednesday which was a half day. But I think they changed it because a lot of parents would take their kids out of school in order to travel to be with family. I know colleges have always had this whole week off though. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I had no idea Thanksgiving week was a holiday for you guys.  LOL, you guys get holidays for everything.

Most schools on the east coast are open until Thursday. Canada schools are open. According to Deadline 35% of US schools are closed, therefore MOST schools are open on North America. 

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Most schools on the east coast are open until Thursday. Canada schools are open. According to Deadline 35% of US schools are closed, therefore MOST schools are open on North America. 

I'm in Canada, schools are in here because our Thanksgiving is different than yours.  Ours is in October.  :)

• Like 1

No Thanksgiving here so no holidays until the Star Wars Holiday. 

Spoiler

It’s not really a holiday. I’m going to the midnight screening so I took the Thursday as annual leave. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Which country you in?

In England, schools Autumn break is 16-27 Oct.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

It's Thanksgiving break here which usually means softer Monday drops this week. So it dropping even 4% more of those franchises is not the best sign going forward.

It's got major competition this weekend too if Coco breaks out and Wonder continues doing what it's doing. That's where I'm wondering where the audience for this is supposed to come from to give it a big second weekend....

50 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Ok so 35% are out.