WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Justice League 7.5M | Wonder 4M | Thor 2.5M

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

this is a good drop for sure. But this is troll central now and its quite pathetic seeing immature gloating. Did i stumble into the old imdb boards ?

Just pathetic behavior from some people here. i  mean really grow the hell up

Movie never rises above mediocrity at best. Its predecessor sucked. And now it's paying the price. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Box Office Freak said:

What’s the chance that CoCo’s opening weekend is higher than Justice League’s?? 👀

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER

50/50 at the moment. JL will probably earn something like 41-46M and Coco is tracking in the same range for the 3-day.

• Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, mredman said:

[mod edit]

The mob mentality here is ugly

You act like DC is the only thing that gets mocked here.  There was plenty of ridicule of Amazing Spiderman 2 when that did mediocre numbers at the box office.  DCU has produced mostly bad movies and because of that Justice League is now having a crazy under performance.  If Marvel releases a bad movie that under performs it will absolutely be ridiculed here.

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

this is a good drop for sure. But this is troll central now and its quite pathetic seeing immature gloating. Did i stumble into the old imdb boards ?

Just pathetic behavior from some people here. i  mean really grow the hell up

I couldn’t agree more. Some people are gloating because they view this as payback for WW’s success. 

• Like 1

[mod edit]

You better well believe there is an anti-MCU contingent on here that would be in glee mode.

However there is no trolling, you're only getting your feeling hurt cause you overly invested in the film. We've all been there.

The responses are exactly related to the Monday number. 

Chin up.

Mob mentality, welcome to life. It's noticeable in all things if you pay attention. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Of course. If Infinity War implodes to 93M OW i will laugh my ass off.

You know...if it gets a critical reception like JL, that's not the unlikeliest scenario...I mean, I know you said that in jest, but it's a movie that's also gonna hinge on early reception:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

AoU got mocked for not making $200m OW. TASM2 was labeled a catastrophe.So yes, this deserves every piece of shade thrown at it. it's a disaster of epic proportions lol.

Last year too with Fantastic Beasts..

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

You know...if it gets a critical reception like JL, that's not the unlikeliest scenario...I mean, I know you said that in jest, but it's a movie that's also gone hinge on early reception:)...

A solo Dr. Strange film has a decent change of outgrossing JL.. think about what you're saying lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

$635m??? That's lower than unadjusted Thor: The Dark World..

635m do sound quite low for a movie making around 100m in China....

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That seems terrible. However, it seems WB will use Wonder Woman 2 profits, It's profits and Dunkirk's profits to cover up for the loss.

If we consider that, at least they'll end this year in the blue and not in the red. 

I think WW or IT profit alone would cover (and more) even the worst case scenario lost of 100m in profit, 50m profit is a movie like Captain Philips, 100m in profit is a movie like Superbad (it did 120m in profit between the studios and talents), Hancock made 200m in profit between Will Smith and the studio.

WB operating income (gross profit) in 2016 were of 1,700 millions, they are usually around 1,200 to 1,400m to give a reference what a 100m lost on a movie instead of doing 200m in profit would have on a annual bottom line for them.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

[mod edit]

Ya we would pretty much. Sure, it sucks when a movie doesn't play to its full potential, but it's also fucking hilarious sometimes, no matter who produced it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Yikes that would be one of the biggest flops of all time. 

Not even close. 

Also, I get that everyone wants to score points, but while JL is unquestionably headed for a horrific theatrical run, it’s still gonna make money for WB through all other revenue streams. Is that what WB hoped for? No, of course not. But let’s not get too hyperbolic here. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Box Office Freak said:

That would be awesome! Although I meant could coco have a higher opening weekend then justice leagues opening weekend, like somewhere in the high 90s?

No chance. Not even for the five day.

• Sad 1

its still immature behavior that should belong on the closed imdb boards not here. Lets see where this ends up on. DCEU already made 3.4 billion on ticket sales alone from 4 movies. With a combined budget of 799 millon combined. this is not even counting JL. DCEU will be fine. They will do phase 2 now start with solos and sequels then move into JL2 eventually kind of like the MCU way. Then likely with a more controled budget of 150-180 million for the solos. more safe for profit

Edited by mredman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1