aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

2 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

Or you know, people just really liked it? 

did not deny that

And no dont try and tell me james Camerons name got it that 10x multiplier 😂.

did not tell that at all lol

Give credit to originality 

learn to read posts better if you care to reply to them

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

After a 3.5m weekend taking it to 65m, 75m+ looks good for BM2.

That’ll at least save some face.

Wasn’t expecting such a big drop from the original. I think they released a Christmas movie way too early. 

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

That’ll at least save some face.

Wasn’t expecting such a big drop from the original. I think they released a Christmas movie way too early. 

Yeah even with 78-80m dom it would be about a 30% drop. More than expected but it beat movies like Horrible Bosses 2 and Neighbors 2. Also the prod budget is sub-30m.

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

When DiCaprio bitterly didn't show up at the Oscars because he wasn't nominated for Titanic instead of coming to support everyone on his team who did :rofl::rofl:

Trash 

Leo was 23 at the time and has come a long way since. Which is why he's the biggest movie star in the world. OTOH, some stars never grow out of childish diva phase and disappear as a result. Look what happened to Shia.

Edited by Valonqar

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

When DiCaprio bitterly didn't show up at the Oscars because he wasn't nominated for Titanic instead of coming to support everyone on his team who did :rofl::rofl:

Trash 

there also was some controversy about his involvement Lalaland Moonlight mix up.

21 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

Or you know, people just really liked it? Avatar is probably the most 'liked' blockbuster of our generation because its accessible to everyone. Something like TDK will be considered better by those who love it though it doesn't have as wide of an appeal.

And no dont try and tell me james Camerons name got it that 10x multiplier 😂. JW was in nonway more deserving as it was riding on nostalgia. Give credit to originality 

Nostalgia may help to give you the biggest OW ever, but it does not give you a multiplier over 3.

5 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

I like Titanic for the most part but Billy Zane's character takes me out of it.  

I think I like his character the best lol. My favorite scene in the whole movie is when he loses it and grabs his bodyguard's gun in a fit of rage. The face he makes in slo-mo is priceless. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Julian1410 said:

I saw Coco on friday in IMAX and i absolutely adored it. But almost nobody showed up here (Netherlands) and i’ve yet to see a sold out showing. I think Europe is not gonna be Nice to Coco 

Netherlands and Scandinavia are likely not the markets to respond to a super-Catholic movie. But it should do excellent business in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Poland,etc. 

Edited by Valonqar