DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Maybe the government should step in and ensure we get a quota of Wes Anderson movies each year. ;)

Hahaha that is good. But you have to think beyond movies this level of media domination has after effects Disney already dominates local and state level politics in Florida and California this only expands their reach 

I kinda didn’t think this would happen. But wow, $52.4b! This is pretty wild, and I’m not quite sure how to feel about it. It’ll definitely change the movie industry, and cause a lot of job loss likely greater than what happened when New Line was acquired by Time Warner since Fox is a major studio. I guess we hope for the best...

Glad Iger is staying on at least. And it’s still unclear if a Murdoch will join Disney’s board. There’s also the 1 year wait for the deal to pass regulatory hurdles, so it still might fail.

4 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I already gave you multiple reasons. You probably know the answer to this question. If you really don't, then I'll gladly answer the question.

I assume you’re a a Disney shareholder so yea you should be trhilled for now but in the long run this hurts everyone  

19 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

LMAO Fantastic Four are trending on Twitter. But from what I've read, Fox doesn't have their movie rights but a German studio called Constantin Films, who hire Fox to produce and distribute the FF films for them.

They do. Fantastic Four likely won't be part of the deal like we assumed. 

Edit: Apparently Disney claims otherwise. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

LMAO Fantastic Four are trending on Twitter. But from what I've read, Fox doesn't have their movie rights but a German studio called Constantin Films, who hire Fox to produce and distribute the FF films for them.

I mean, the statement Disney put out says otherwise

• Like 2

The issue is movies are costing a lot more to make and audiences are less willing to go watch a movie than in times past when they can watch movies for free (illegally) or through streaming services.

I remember when I was younger, any big film with X Hero would always get a draw and be a hit.

Now I go on Rotten Tomatoes and simply think to myself, I just saved 20 bucks and watch it home. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

LOL I wasn't talking about Lebron. 

I know, but soon we will be matching this historic team with our own!

Chris Paul - James Harden - Lebron James banana boat! Better than whatever process Philly is doing :sparta:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

They do. Fantastic Four won't likely be part of the deal like we all assumed anyway. 

but they specifically mentioned the FF on the press release:

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. 

• Like 2

You know what's great about this?

Disney wants to create its own streaming service, Netflix-style, because the potential is just huge. With all the franchises they have they'll be able to give us a high-quality streaming service with an amazing amount of contents that will be easily accessible for an affordable price.

Disney cartoons, Disney live movies, WDAS movies, Pixar movies, Star Wars/Marvel movies/TV shows, Fox products...etc..

I can't wait to see their service. Now that I know their ambitions in this field I think Netflix is far less appealing.

• Like 2

2018 slate isnt gonna change much, curious to see how many of Fox's planned 2019 releases happen

If there's a (minuscule) silver lining, maybe there will only be one year with over 10 gigantic superhero movies

Just now, Crossfire said:

but they specifically mentioned the FF on the press release:

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. 

I just looked that up, I know. Honestly I'm just glad to see the Fantastic Four back with Marvel. 

• Like 1